A triathlon I am taking part in does not appear on the events calendar, why is this?
If an event does not appear on our events calendar it means they have not registered their event with British Triathlon.
We strongly advise against taking part in an event that is not registered with British Triathlon or the Home Nation Associations as we have no way of knowing if the event is run in a safe and fair manner, and you may well be competing without insurance protection.
Why should an event register and have an event permit awarded by the Home Nation Associations?
Events that register with their Home Nation Association are required to pay a fee depending on the size of the event, this fee is used to further develop the sport and safeguard its future in this country.
In return events are listed as being officially registered and permitted by the Home Nations and published on the website. This gives our members the assurance that the event will be run safely and fairly.
How do I go about organising a triathlon, duathlon or aquathlon?
If you’re interested in organising a triathlon, duathlon or aquathlon then you will need to visit the British Triathlon Event Organisers System website.
You will need to sign up to this website, which is free to do and this will then provide you access to a variety of resources, guidance and templates that are designed to support Event Organisers.
If you require further information about organising events please contact the British Triathlon Events Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I eligible for British Championships events?
All members of the three Home Nation Associations are eligible to contest for British Championship medals, however these races have limited entry fields as defined by the Event Organiser. You are not guaranteed an entry for these events.
You will also be eligible to compete for Home Nation Associations championship medals in the your relevant Home Nation Association Championships, details of these can be found on the Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon pages.
Full eligibility criteria can be found in Section 24 of the British Triathlon Competition Rules.
How do I know if an event is suitable for disabled triathletes?
Events that are suitable for paratriathletes indicate in the race details whether they are accessible for all.
If you have any queries about a specific event, contact the Event Organiser via the event calendar.
Where can I find information about the Great Britain Age-Group Team qualifying events?
All information relating to the Great Britain Age-Group Teams can be found in the Age-Group section of this website. Dates and venues of qualifying events can be found within this section and further information about the qualifying process and requirements can be found.
Where can I find results from a race I competed in?
Event Organisers are encouraged to submit their race returns to British Triathlon who then upload them to the Triconnect membership area. Once results have been uploaded you can then claim your time and add it to your profile as a record of your achievements.
If an Event Organiser has not submitted their results, please visit their website.
I still have a question relating to an event, what should I do?
You can contact the Events Team by emailing email@example.com. If you prefer, you can contact us by phone on 01509 266162 or by post at PO Box 25, Loughborough, LE11 3WX.
How can I contact an athlete or find out information for an article?
Contact British Triathlon's Media Officer, Gemma Field using the details below.
Phone: 01509 226 188
Why should I join British Triathlon?
By joining the British Triathlon Family you will have access to a wealth of benefits including but not limited to the following:
- Unrivalled Public Liability insurance to protect you 365 days a year whilst training and racing (cover for racing included in Core and Ultimate packages)
- Our Core and Ultimate packages provide fantastic Personal Accident cover that will help you if you should have an incident.
- Discounts on great triathlon specific bike and travel insurance
- Unlimited Day Membership entries already paid for
- Free Incident Legal Service to support you if you are involved in an incident that was not your fault
- Discounts and offers from some of the country’s biggest triathlon brands. Click here for a full list of our discounts
- Eligibility to qualify for GB Age-Group Teams
- Eligibility to compete for medals and titles in the British and National Championships
Your membership will also help support:
- The development of triathlon in your Home Nation and investment into grassroots triathlon
- The growth and development of triathlon clubs
- Delivery of British Triathlon’s Clean Sport programme
- Raising the profile of triathlon
- Safe operating practices for over 1200 permitted events every year
- The provision of world-class events for our members