Triathlon England is now seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and people-focused individual
At the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in 2018, Team England returned with two Triathlon and two Paratriathlon medals. Triathlon England is now seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and people-focused individual to lead the team in its pursuit of success at the next Commonwealth Games in Birmingham in 2022.
About the role:
- The role is vital to the success of Team England at the Games and is responsible for leading all elements of the Triathlon/Paratriathlon team at the Games.
- The role is honorary and no remuneration will be given (though all reasonable expenses will be covered).
- Applications are open to anyone, particularly those who show a real passion for and connection to Team England.
- The identification, selection and management of all Triathlon/Paratriathlon team staff (including coaching, medical and other support staff)
- Leading the formulation (and delivery) of the Triathlon and Paratriathlon selection process
- Leadership of the athlete and staff team during the Games themselves, including arrival/departure of the Team to/from the Village, and all race day operations/ logistics
- Leading the formulation (and delivery) of the Team England Triathlon/Paratriathlon preparation plan
- Acting as the key conduit for all key stakeholders (athletes/staff/CWGE/F&F/media etc.)
- Attendance at the Commonwealth Games England Team Leaders’ development programme (including any relevant site visits)
- Working in partnership with the Chef de Mission of Commonwealth Games England, as required
- Leading a comprehensive de-brief process for both competition and operational aspects of Games delivery
- Building a strong Triathlon/Paratriathlon team ethos and culture
- An in-depth knowledge of the sport
- Previous experience as a Team Leader/Team Manager (or similar) at an international level
- Outstanding people, communication and operational skills
- Demonstrable ability to deliver such a role alongside other professional/personal commitments
For a full overview of the role and application process please see the full advert, job description and person specification which can be found at the bottom of this page
British Triathlon is committed to equal opportunities for all and applications from all suitably qualified persons are encouraged. Details of our Equal Opportunities Policy can be found on our website: www.britishtriathlon.org under ‘About’ and then ‘Policy Documents’.
|Job Advert||Job Description|