There are four types of clubs that can register their affiliation with us.
A Community Club is:
- An organised club on an amateur, not for profit basis
- Has a constitution (BTF or otherwise)
- Is formed to promote and provide access to organised form of sport
- The club should have regular club based activities and training sessions
- There should be no element of a commercial entity where an individual or company is using the club to make a personal profit.
- There must be a minimum of three unrelated members on the Committee.
An Internet Based Club is:
- A group of adult athletes who are connected together by belonging to a web based forum
- There are no formal training sessions, club activities, constitution or committee.
An Informal Club is:
- A (closed) group of adult friends, work colleagues, or athletes who wish to compete in races under a particular name.
- They do not offer formal training sessions, have a committee or a constitution.
A Trade Club is:
- A closed group that is only open to selected athletes/members.
- The club is usually sponsored by a brand or number of brands to raise the profile of the sport and the companies involved.
- A performance orientated triathlon racing team whose members are a combination of professional or amateur athletes.
- A sponsored race team.