We pleased to announce the The Coaching Children & Young People ("CCYPT") workshop has been adapted and is now being delivered online through a series of interactive webinars.
Coaching Children & Young People in Triathlon has been designed in consultation with Skills School Lead Coaches and aims to support coaches in meeting the complex individual needs and aspirations of the children and young people they work with in the sport of triathlon.
This new online workshop will help further enhance the knowledge, skills and confidence of coaches, enabling them to deliver sessions in a way that meets young triathletes' needs, using the Skills Framework and new 4Es Skills Development Matrix.
To support coaches, working with children and young people, in ensuring practices, behaviours and methods are consistently holistic in focus, child-centred and developmentally appropriate. Supporting the development of excellent and effective coaches who plan and deliver creative, engaging sessions in a positive learning environment.
- To coach confidently using an increased understanding of child-centred and developmentally appropriate practices, methods and behaviours
- To be able to apply an increased understanding of the Theories of Learning: Sport Pedagogy, when coaching children and young people in triathlon
- To understand, begin to explore and apply the British Triathlon coaching philosophy and foundation principles to their practice
- To design sessions specifically applicable to coaching children and young people in triathlon
- Access to a comprehensive set of resources through the Learning Hub
- Qualified triathlon coaches who hold current one of our Home Nation Core Coach or Ultimate Coach Memberships.
- All 3 webinars will need to be attended in order to obtain a Certificate of Completion.
- It is expected that coaches log into the call from home for health and safety reasons as well as ensuring the best possible learning experience for all participants and the tutor. A good internet connection is therefore required.
- As this course is fully interactive, to get the best possible learning experience for both coaches and tutor, you will also need to have a clear and safe space to work out in approximately 3m square. Webinar cameras will need to be on at all times throughout the sessions to aid with interaction. You will need to be prepared to engage throughout the sessions via chat or via microphone so please ensure these are in full working order.
This online course is available to all coaches in every region.For
For more information please click HERE