With half of the 2017 East Region Race Series complete it seems appropriate to have a quick review of the standings, though let's first have a an overview of what the race series is.
The East Region Race Series is coordinated by the volunteers from the East Region Committee. The Series comprises a Children's League and an Adult's League.
Within the Children's League there are thirteen races, including the two Inter Regional Championship (IRC) qualifying races which help the IRC team managers to select the team to represent the region at the IRC.
The Adult's League comprises nineteen of the races within the region including a Regional Championship at each of Sprint, Standard and Middle Distance and also a team relay.
The leagues are open to members of Triathlon England.
Individual's earn points from their races based upon their performance in comparison to their race winners time. Their best race points are then used to determine their standings within the regions league for their age group. Additionally within the adults series of races there is a club league where individual's points contribute to their clubs points.
With six of the Children's races and elevel on the adults races complete the top spot in each of the age group rankings look thus:
- Tristart Girl: Ruby O’Dell, RBJ Run and Tri
- Tristart Boy: Raphael Buchallet, Walden JNR
- Tristar1 Girl: Lisa Leinemann, Discovery Tri
- Tristar1 Boy: Liam Conway, BRJ Run and Tri
- Tristar2 Girl: Anna Leinemann, Discovery Tri
- Tristar2 Boy: Ryan Howe, Cambridge Junior Triathlon Club
- Tristar3 Girl: Poppy Branton, Ipswich Triathlon Club
- Tristar3 Boy: Scott Carpenter, Hoddesdon Triathlon Club
- Youth Girl: Rose Branton, Ipswich Triathlon Club
- Youth Boy: Liam Bell, Cambridge Triathlon Club
- Junior Female: Kiera Tippett
- Junior Male: Peter Cooke, Cambridge Triathlon Club
- Senior Female: Emma Stevens, Born2Tri
- Senior Male: Lee Shipp, Diss Cycling Club
- Veteran Female: Charlotte Smith, Thetford AC
- Veteran Male: Eugene Husband, Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club
- Super Veteran Female: Linda Hones, Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club
- Super Veteran Male: Stephen Douglas, Meridian Triathlon Club
- Club: Tri-Anglia Triathlon Club
Congratulations to those listed above. With almost half of the season remaining these names could well change before the completion of the season.
Some results that can be confirmed at this point of the season are:
- Senior Female Middle Distance Champion: Laura Brown, West Suffolk Wheelers
- Veteran Male Middle Distance Champion: Simon Day, Royal Navy Triathlon
- IRC Team Members
Details of the upcoming races can be found via the Adult League and Chilren’s League pages. Details of the Regional Sprint and Regional Standard Distance Championships can be found via the Adult League page.
Prizes for the Adults League will be presented at the AGM on the evening of Wednesday 18 October at the Stansted Hilton.
The league is open to participants who are members of Triathlon England. If you believe your results are missing from the league then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Children’s League or email@example.com for the Adult’s League. If you have friends who have raced, but not yet joined Triathlon England do please encourage them to do so, the events they have completed prior to joining can be counted.