British Triathlon have created an online course to allow pre 2016 level 1 coaches the ability to upgrade to the new remit (to lead sessions without a senior coach present).
Level 1 coach 2016 remit upgrade
- Course conducted on line- no practical assessments or attended days
- A course assessor will guide the learners to completion,
- Requires payment ( £25 initial fee – this may go up)
- Requires full membership
- Must be a level 1 coach
- Will be in groups of 15-25 with around 8 weeks to complete the work from when the course commences/
- This only applies to level 1 coaches who qualified pre October 2016 and have not progressed to level 2
Rational for change:
Allows coaches to have a wider remit without taking additional qualifications. Fits into coaching strategy and wider SE objectives ( lower costs/ accessible) . This is the second pilot and is testing the online booking portal and process for learners. Any feedback to the coaching team.
How to book:
All bookings are made the online booking portal - select level 1 upgrade from the drop down menu.
Not yet ready for bookings will be the new courses starting at the end of the year.
New Level 1 Course dates are: Bottisham - 7,8,28 October and Hatfield 4,5 & 25 Nov. Level 2 course will be St Neots 14/15 Oct, 18/19 Nov & 25 Feb. They are not ready for bookings as the tutors have not yet been allocated. These dates are just for your diaries, they will be realsed for entry during the summer.