All sports need inspirational individuals who motivate people to take part and stay involved in sporting activity.
And we feel that Activators provide training opportunities for participants in an inspirational fun social manner, leading them to return to the sessions again and again.
Being an Activator is a perfect option for someone who wants more of a role in a club but might not feel confident to take the leap to becoming a qualified coach or a technical official.
We have two two different Activator courses coming to Cambridgeshire in the coming weeks and months:
OPEN WATER TRI ACTIVATOR – Milton Country Park (Cambridgeshire), Sunday 29th April
This one day course is designed to help inform and educate individuals wishing to support safe open water swimming across the UK. It is valuable role for every open water swim venue, as the activator is the key person that helps oversee the safe running of the swim sessions, develop relationships and implement practicalities before, during and after any swim session.
Aims of the day are :
- To empower the Activator to be confident with their roles and responsibilities and feel able to support safe open water swim sessions and events.
- To support individuals and help them understand what makes a safe open water swim venue. How to support the participants, the course with include practical training in spotting, wetsuit fitting, safety briefings and supporting novice athletes as well as learning more about the procedures and process around how the venues operate.
- The Activator feels confident to input and support the development and maintenance of important documentation.
- Develop strong relationships with all parties involved in the venues open water swim sessions.
- Develop a network of activators to seek advice, support one another and share create resources
COMMUNITY TRI ACTIVATOR – Milton Country Park (Cambridgeshire), Sunday 30th September
This one day course will provide passionate and enthusiastic individuals (18+ Years of Age) with the confidence and skills to lead a variety of activities aimed at encouraging participation within our sport.
There are three important key strands to this role, all of which can be rewarding and will enhance participation and enjoyment of triathlon for all.
- To organise and lead safe, effective and inclusive triathlon training activities and experiences (cycling & running).
- To inform, inspire and cultivate connections in their local clubs and communities, with initiatives such as GO TRI.
- Act as a ‘coach support worker’, helping the Head Coach during sessions (e.g. setting up and take down equipment, taking timing splits, writing the session on the white board etc.)
For more information on Activators or either of these courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org