ATAC Pembrey Country Park Duathlon
10 October 2021
We are pleased to welcome you to our second British Triathlon Event at Pembrey Country Park. The event will not be timed however, all athletes will have positions recorded and will be receiving a medal and some goodies (tbc). If you have any questions in the meantime, please email email@example.com. Get training and we will see you in a few weeks.
We are planning on running a new kind of format where there will be heats and finals for each age group except for the Tristart age group. The idea is to run 2 races per age category. Each heat will be half of the usual race distance for your age group followed by 2 finals, an "A" Final and "B" Final. Everyone will get to race twice. The top 50% finishers in each heat will go through to the "A" Final while the others will race in the "B" Final. We are waiting on approval of this format but are hopeful it can happen.
- Registration opens from 1pm
- Don’t forget the circuit is open to the general public prior to the race so please have a look before hand
- First race 2pm, all races should be finished by 5pm approximately
- We will be running the races in reverse order to normal, starting with the older age groups and finishing with the younger
- All follow on races will be started as soon a practically possible so please once the first races have started do not go wandering around the Country Park. If you miss the start of your race, you will not be able to join the next race
Sean Jones, ATAC event organiser
Events and Distances
|TriStar 1 Girls and Boys aged 9-10 (age as of the 31/12/2021 or before) Heats and Finals||Run 800m, Bike 3200m, Run 400m|
|TriStar 2 Girls and Boys aged 11-12 (age as of the 31/12/2021 or before) Heats and Finals||Run 1600m, Bike 4800m, Run 400m|
|TriStar 3 Girls and Boys aged 13-14 (age as of the 31/12/2021 or before) Heats and Finals||Run 1600m, Bike 6400m, Run 800m|
|TriStar S Girls and Boys aged 8 (age as of the 31/12/2021 or before)||Run 400m, Bike 1600m, Run 200m|
|Youth A Girls and Boys aged 15-16 (age as of the 31/12/2021 or before) Heats and Finals||Run 1600m, Bike 6400m, Run 800m|