The purpose of the Youth and Junior Super Series (YJSS) is to provide the best British Youth and Juniors with access to high level domestic racing and with it exposure to the right experiences at the right time to ensure their best development.
The YJSS is now an extremely competitive series which is over-subscribed in both male age groups along with the youth females too, as such there is real pressure on start lists. The process detailed below helps to ensure that the best athletes are racing, and all athletes must follow this process in order to get a start in the races.
- Applications for each Super Series race can be made online here.
- The application deadline for each race can be found below, or when clicking on ‘apply’ next to the event on the webpage above. It does not cost to apply and does not guarantee a start in the race.
- Applications received by email after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
2) Starts allocated from current super series rankings
- Once the application deadline passes, starts will be allocated using the current YJSS rankings.
- Start lists will vary from race to race according to a balance between athlete numbers, ensuring a fair racing experience for all and athlete safety.
- 12% of the number of race starts will be held for appeals. These are for athletes who are unable to compete (DNS) or unable to finish (DNF) the Performance Assessments or the first races in the Series for genuine, verified reasons and therefore do not have a YJSS ranking to get a start. British Triathlon does not guarantee to use the full amount for appeals; they will only be used if the athlete has submitted the approprite evidence.
- For more information on start numbers for each race, the rankings used for each race and appeals please see the Super Series Explained document.
3) Entry codes sent out
- Athletes who have been allocated a start will be sent a code for entry by British Triathlon Super Series (please ensure you check your spam/junk folders).
- This code will only work for a limited period of time. Failure to activate it will mean you will NOT be allowed to race and your start will be given to the next person on the wait list if that event is over subscribed.
- If you receive an entry code and do not wish to race, please let us know AS SOON POSSIBLE out of courtesy to your peers, as athletes on the waiting list can be offered a start in your place. To do this please email SuperSeries@britishtriathlon.org
4) Wait list created
- If you have a YJSS ranking and do not receive a code for a race that you applied for, you will receive an email from British Triathlon Super Series saying that you are on the waiting list, meaning the race is currently full.
- Please keep checking your emails (including spam/junk) as a code will be sent to you if you are awarded a start.
5) Entries Close
- Closing date for entries will be sent in the email with the code and can be found at the bottom of this page.
- NOT activating your code will mean your start is offered to the next athlete athlete on the wait list if the event is over-subscribed.
6) Start list produced
- A start list for the event will be produced based on the current YJSS rankings, i.e. the athlete ranked first will be numbered first.
- Athletes will be lined up and called forward to the start in this order.
7) Withdrawal deadline
- If you enter the race using your code and then need to withdraw closer to the event, you MUST let us know by Wednesday before the race at 12pm latest by emailing SuperSeries@britishtriathlon.org
- Failure to comply with this withdrawal deadline will result in you being taken off the start list of the next Super Series event you wish to race unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- This policy is being introduced as races are over-subscribed and if you do not start and haven't communicated this with us then you are knowingly preventing another athlete on the waitiing list from racing.
8) Starts offered after withdrawal deadline
- We want to fill all races and give athletes every opportunity. As such every effort will be made to contact you immediately should you be awarded a start. Given illness and injury this could be anytime up until the Friday before the race at 12pm.
2019 YJSS Application Closing Dates
|Event||Closing date for Applications||Entry Deadline||Withdrawal Deadline (12pm)|
|Performance Assessment Weekend||Open event (no applications)||28 Feb 2019||27 March 2019|
|Sospan Sprint Triathlon Llanelli||5 April 2019||3 May 2019||8 May 2019|
|Bloodwise Blenheim Palace Triathlon (event TBC)||TBC||TBC||TBC|
|ITU World Triathlon Leeds||12 April 2019||10 May 2019||5 June 2019|
|Banana Man||24 May 2019||21 June 2019||26 June 2019|
|Hetton Super Sprints||14 June 2019||12 July 2019||17 July 2019|
|British Triathlon's Big Weekend||26 July 2019||25 August 2019||4 September 2019|
Additional Youth and Junior Racing Opportunities
|EVENT||Closing date for Applications||Entry Deadline||Withdrawal Deadline (12PM)|
|Bedford Autodrome Duathlon
(British Duathlon Championships)
|1 March 2019||29 March 2019||3 April 2019|
|Cardiff Triathlon||17 May 2019||14 June 2019||19 June 2019|
|Parc Bryn Bach||28 June 2019||26 July 2019||31 July 2019|