2023 European Long Distance Triathlon Championships Almere Multisport Event
Please read the whole page before you register.
General Contacts: Please direct enquiries to email@example.com or 01509 226 183
Team Manager: Please direct enquires to Dawn Hunter, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Package: Travel package
Intention to Qualify
To register click on the blue 'Register' button above. You need your Home Nation membership number and password to log in.
Athletes must have a Core or Ultimate British Triathlon membership. Click here for membership information.
Athletes MUST register before 5pm on a registration closing date.
Once registered, athletes will receive a confirmation email and will be added to the registration list below. (Check junkmail if email not received)
Athletes must check their registration is successful by scrolling the page down and finding the age group they are in for the Championship year.
No late registrations including amendments will be accepted after the final registration date.
Athletes must be 18 on the 31st December 2023 to be eligible to qualify.
To qualify for this event, athletes must supply a race result which meets the qualifying criteria and qualification evidence outlined below
Athletes are required to submit performances providing the following information:
- Race name
- Race date
- Athlete finish time
- Winner of age-groups finish time
- Working link to online results (URL)
Specific Race Result criteria:
- Event must have been chip timed
- Results must be in 5 age group bands.
- Races should be the equivalent of a Long-Distance Triathlon with the swim in open water, the bike on tarmac and the run predominantly on paths.
- Please note - once the course details are released - if the course is deemed to be closer to a middle distance triathlon than a long distance triathlon athletes will be able to register with a middle distance race result. This page will be updated once the course details are confirmed. Please do not contact the Team Manager or Age Group Support Team to ask what length the course will be.
- Results must have a finishing time which is within 120% of the winner of their age group. If an athlete is moving up an age group in the Championship year, they should use the time from the winner of the age group they are moving into.
- Link to Time Percentage Calculator like the one found here.
- Results must have 200 finishers confirmed by the results, including DNF, DNS, DQ.
- Registrations can be edited by going to your BTF account, then dashboard, then Age Group Listing and clicking Edit. If Edit is not there you are not able to edit the registration.
Registration cut off dates:
Q1-5pm Friday 28/10/2022
Q2 5pm Friday 02/12/2022
Q3-5pm Friday 10/02/2023
Q4 5pm Friday 21/04/2023
Q5 5pm Monday 05/06/2023 5pm
PQs from 2022 deadline to register is the first registration deadline.
Registration dates to be updated once they are confirmed by World Triathlon
Time frame results can be used from and will be considered by:
Results must be valid between the following dates: July 2021 to the final registration cut-off date and will be considered in the order below.
- Athletes who have registered with a result from January 2022 onward will be considered from Q1 onwards.
- Athletes who have registered with a result from July 2021 onwards will be considered at Q2 onwards.
Please click here for further information about events being deemed non-competitive after lockdowns end.
The £10 registration fees are non-refundable in any circumstance. They go towards administrating the age group teams and provide 1 full time member of staff, administrative items, office space and cover bank fees for the teams.
To Pre-Qualify for the 2023 Europe Triathlon European Championship race, athletes must finish in the top 10 places in their age group and be one of the first three British athletes to finish in the 2022 Europe Triathlon European Championship race.
Further details regarding pre-qualification can be found within the pre-qualification policy
Allocation of Places
- There are 20 places in each age group. Some of these places may be pre-filled by athletes who Pre-Qualify from the previous years Championships.
Places are allocated after registration cut off dates in order of fastest result to slowest result. This may take up to 2 weeks after the registration deadline date.
After the final registration deadline date the remaining places will be allocated and if any athletes then withdraw the remaining place will be allocated by rolldown places.
Qualified athletes will be notified by e-mail and will be marked with a 'Q' next to their name in the registered athletes list. Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 and Q are all qualifying statuses.
It is an athletes responsibility to check they have registered for the correct event and that their name appears in the list of athletes on the event webpage. (If your name is not there please check the next age group)
If you use a Hotmail, outlook or work email address please check your junkmail, we find these email addresses often send our emails to the junkmail inbox. We advise athletes not to use these types of email addresses and we can't re-issue a Q if an athletes has missed the opportunity to take up their place because they missed an email.
Entry fee payment deadline 1- 03/07/2023
Registered Athletes (Female)
Category U20 (U20) (1 athlete)
Category E (25-29) (2 athletes)
Category F (30-34) (3 athletes)
Category G (35-39) (5 athletes)
Category H (40-44) (3 athletes)
Category I (45-49) (3 athletes)
Category J (50-54) (5 athletes)
Category K (55-59) (1 athlete)
Category L (60-64) (1 athlete)
Category M (65-69) (1 athlete)
Registered Athletes (Open)
Category E (25-29) (3 athletes)
Category F (30-34) (6 athletes)
Category G (35-39) (6 athletes)
Category H (40-44) (12 athletes)
Category I (45-49) (7 athletes)
Category J (50-54) (6 athletes)
Category K (55-59) (8 athletes)
Category L (60-64) (4 athletes)
Category M (65-69) (2 athletes)