2023 World Championship Standard Aquabike Pontevedra, Spain
Intention to Qualify
To register click on the blue 'Register' button above. You need your Home Nation membership number and password to log in.
You will need to be a Core or Ultimate British Triathlon member. Click here for membership information.
You MUST register before 5pm on a registration closing date. For further information on how to register please click here.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email and will be added to the registration list below.
Please check your registration is successful by checking the athlete registration list below before the registration deadline, no changes will be made after registration deadlines.
No late registrations including amendments will be accepted after the final registration date.
Athletes must be 18 on the 31st December 2023 to be eligible for qualify.
To qualify for this event athletes must register their intent to qualify on this page and must take part in at least one of the specific qualification races detailed below.
Athletes must register before the deadline appropriate to their race. Athletes who register after 5pm on the deadline for a qualification race but then compete in that race will not be considered eligible for qualification from that race and their registration will only cover the remaining races. Once a registration deadline has passed, registration will stay closed for the weekend and re-open on the following Monday.
Qualifying Race 1 Northumberland Triathlon (Standard Distance Aquabike) - 22.05.2022 - VO2 Max Racing Events. Registration closes 5pm Friday 20/05/2022
Qualifying Race 2 Deva Triathlon (Standard Distance Aquabike) - 12.06.2022 - Chester Triathlon Club. Registration closes 5pm Friday 10/06/2022
Qualifying Race 3 Bournemouth International Triathlon (Standard Distance Aquabike) - 11.09.2022 - Challenging Events. Registration closes 5pm Friday 09/09/2022
(Click on the race name and date to go to the race website.)
Registration will close at 5pm on the Friday before each qualifying race and will re-open the following Monday at midday.
- To qualify athletes need to finish a qualification race in a time which is within 115% of the winner in their age group.
- Places will be offered automatically to the 4 highest placed athletes per age group who finished within 115% of the winner of their age-group and, that have not already qualified at a previous race. This includes athletes moving up an age group during the Championship year.
- Any athlete finishing within the 4 highest places as outlined above but outside 115% of the winner of their age-group will only be offered a place at the Team Manager’s discretion.
- Any athlete finishing outside the automatic places but inside 120% of the winner of their age-group may still be able to qualify with a rolldown place. Details of rolldown places can be found here.
- After each qualifying race the Team Manager will go through the results and allocate the places and rolldown % to all athletes who took part. This may take up to 2 weeks. Successful athletes will be notified of their qualification by email.
- Athletes who have a % next to their name after the qualification race may be eligible for a rolldown place. These will start to be issued approximately 1 month after the final qualifying race.
**Please Note: As the qualification races take place in the year preceding the Championships, qualification is based on your finishing time compared to those athletes who will be in your age group the year of the Championships. If you are moving up an age group in 2020, then your qualification will be based on where your finishing time would have placed you in the age-group category you will be racing for in 2020. Please note that you may finish in the top four in your age group category but an athlete moving into that age group can potentially push you out of a qualifying position if their time is faster. Please see point 8.3 in the Terms and Conditions.
To Pre-Qualify for the 2023 World Triathlon World Championship race, athletes must finish in the top 15 places in their age group and be one of the first three British athletes to finish in the 2022 World Triathlon World Championship race.
Further details regarding pre-qualification can be found within the pre-qualification policy
Allocation of Places
- There are 20 places in each age group. Some of these places may be pre-filled by athletes who Pre-Qualify from the previous years Championships.
Places are allocated after registration cut off dates in order of fastest result to slowest result. This may take 2 weeks.
After the final registration date the remaining places will be allocated and if any athletes then withdraw the remaining place will be allocated by rolldown places.
Qualified athletes will be notified by e-mail and will be marked with a 'Q' next to their name in the registered athletes list. This can take up to 2 weeks after the qualifying race. Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 and Q are all qualifying statuses.
It is an athletes responsibility to check they have registered for the correct event and that their name appears in the list of athletes on the event webpage. (If your name is not there please check the next age group)
If you use a Hotmail, outlook or work email address please check your junkmail, we find these email addresses often send our emails to the junkmail inbox. We advise athletes not to use these types of email addresses and we can't re-issue a Q if an athletes has missed the opportunity to take up their place because they missed an email.
Entry details for this event will be released once they have been confirmed by World Triathlon
Registered Athletes (Female)
Category F (30-34) (1 athlete)
Category G (35-39) (1 athlete)
Category H (40-44) (1 athlete)
Category I (45-49) (4 athletes)
Category J (50-54) (3 athletes)
Category K (55-59) (4 athletes)
Category L (60-64) (1 athlete)
Category M (65-69) (2 athletes)
Category N (70-74) (1 athlete)
Registered Athletes (Male)
Category F (30-34) (2 athletes)
Category G (35-39) (2 athletes)
Category H (40-44) (6 athletes)
Category I (45-49) (1 athlete)
Category J (50-54) (3 athletes)
Category K (55-59) (8 athletes)
Category L (60-64) (9 athletes)
Category M (65-69) (3 athletes)
Category N (70-74) (1 athlete)
Category P (75-79) (4 athletes)