The UK Sport funded British Triathlon Performance Programme supports elite triathletes in both Olympic and Paralympic events in their quest to win medals at the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Athletes on the Performance Programme are divided into two categories:
The Podium programme is defined by UK Sport as targeting athletes possessing genuine and strong medal potential at the next Olympic Games as evidenced by robust performance profiling.
UK Sport defines Podium Potential as athletes possessing the potential to win an Olympic medal within the next eight years as evidenced by robust performance profiling.
Senior Leadership Team
The British Triathlon Senior Leadership Team works with Performance Programme athletes and staff to set, monitor and revise the strategy to drive up levels of performance.
The British Triathlon Performance Programme Strategic Framework set out by the Senior Leadership team provides a clear Vision and Mission and sets the Culture for how success will be achieved.
Our Vision is:
To deliver WORLD CLASS SUCCESS and to INSPIRE PARTICIPATION.
GB Triathlon is embracing this Vision as it provides two aspirational elements that can be ‘lived’ in a practical way by athletes, coaches and staff.
Leadership and Culture
Our leadership is built on ENGAGEMENT.
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) defines its role as:
- adding value to an athlete and/or coach;
- earning the right to engage with the athlete;
- giving athletes and coaches the opportunity and environment to deliver their best performance;
- getting out of the way and not implementing strategies that obstruct or hinder coaches and athletes 'doing the work'.
Our Culture is:
To ADD VALUE and EMPOWER individuals to deliver their best.
To create the environment that allows our athletes to be the best, we 'live' the following behaviours:
- Individual Athlete Approach
- Collaborative Coach Approach
- Development of Athletes who are Leaders
- An Athlete/Coach led Performance Team
- Specialisation aligned with Integration
To be the BEST PREPARED and SUPPORTED team on the start line.
To find out more, please read THE VISION: Tokyo 2020.