British Triathlon guidance on gear restrictions for young athletes.
2021 Gear Restricted Race Dates
Tristar 2 & 3
- Jul 18 - Hetton
- Aug 10 or 11 TBC -Mallory
- Sep 11 – Mallory
British Triathlon does not restrict events when Youth A (15/16) and Youth B (17) athletes compete together. For this season this includes Hetton which acts as the selection event for the European Youth Championships and the School Games.
- Jun 3 - IRD Mallory
- Jul 4 - Performance Assessment
- Aug 10 - Mallory
- Sep 11 - Mallory
More races may be added to these lists in due course.
The following documents aim to provide all the information you will require on Gear Restrictions in Youth and Childrens' racing:
- For the Parent and Athlete Information booklet, please visit here
- For the Gear and Maximum Rollout Distance Table, please visit here
- For information on Cassettes, please visit here
- For information on Chainsets, please visit here
- For information on Chainrings, please visit here
- For information on how to Restrict Gears, visit here for the front mech, and here for the rear mech (and here for Di2 restriction).
- For information on how to Check your Gears using a roll out, please visit here
- To better understand the options available to you please visit here