British Triathlon guidance on gear restrictions for young athletes.
Gear restrictions are now an established part of Youth and Children’s draft legal racing.
ALL Youth races this season WILL be gear restricted – this INCLUDES when Youth A and Youth B athletes are racing each other.
For the full rationale on why we restrict gears and how this works at events please refer to the British Triathlon Gear Restrictions booklet.
The following documents aim to provide all the information you will require on Gear Restrictions in Youth and Childrens' racing:
- For the Parent and Athlete Information booklet, please visit here.
- For the Gear and Maximum Rollout Distance Table, please visit here.
- For information on Cassettes, please visit here.
- For information on Chainsets, please visit here.
- For information on Chainrings, please visit here.
- For information on how to Restrict Gears, visit here for the front mech, and here for the rear mech (and here for Di2 restriction).
- For information on how to Check your Gears using a roll out, please visit here.
- To better understand the options available to you please visit here.