All Level 1 and 2 Coaching Courses run from October to April each year.
This qualification will allow coaches to deliver sessions independently. Accessible to all learners, an understanding of triathlon is useful but not essential.
Course content includes
- Safety in coaching triathlon activities.
- Preparing sessions for delivery.
- Develop key coaching and technical skills.
Learners will have access to an online resource, Learning Hub, which details the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- For 2020-21 this course will be delivered via a blended learning, with webinars replacing the face to face learning - this will be approximately 20 hours in total
- A blend of webinars, practical coaching delivery, e-learning , group discussion and online/ practical assessment. This will be approximately 20 hours in total including 2/3 days of practical coaching.
- Between 10-14 hours of home study learning and assessment tasks via the Learning Hub.
Qualified Coaches can prepare, deliver (independently), review safe and effective sessions in a range of controlled environments.More Info
Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon is comprised of learner resources, online assessment and innovative delivery methods to give coaches an engaging learning experience.
This course is accessible to learners who hold a Level 1 triathlon coaching qualification or who have experience of coaching and meet the direct entry requirements
- Understanding and analysing athletes.
- Planning a series of sessions.
- Working with a range of ages, abilities and aspirations.
- Coaching safety including open water swimming.
- For 2020-21 this course will be delivered via a blended learning, with webinars replacing the face to face learning
- A blend of webinars, practical coaching delivery, e-learning , group discussion and online/ practical assessment. approximately 30 hours in total - including 2 days of practical delivery
- The initial 4 days will focus on practical delivery.
- The final part will include assessment, personal review and action planning with your course tutor.
- 40-60 hours of home study work (e-learning and assessment).
Qualified Level 2 coaches can plan, lead and evaluate coaching sessions and blocks of progressive sessions. They can work in a wider range of environments including coaching in Open Water.More Info
Level 2 Diploma
This will sit as a progressive bolt on to the existing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon, specifically designed toward coaches who wish to either set up a coaching business or coaching individual clients.
- 2 full learning days.
- Online assessment
What will I learn?
- The 1:1 coaching model
- Understanding the Elements of Individual performance
- Selecting Athlete’s (The “chemistry match”)
- Athlete Profiling
Level 3 High Performing Coach Program
The HPCP is designed for coaches who are committed to becoming the best coach they can be, with a desire of improving both their theoretical and practical coaching skills.
More InfoSearch All Coaching Courses