All Level 1 and 2 Coaching Courses run from October to April each year.
Fully updated in 2016, this qualification will allow coaches to deliver sessions independently. Accessible to all learners, an understanding of triathlon is useful but not essential.
Course content includes
- Safety in coaching triathlon activities.
- Preparing sessions for delivery.
- Develop key coaching and technical skills.
Learners will have access to an online resource, Learning Hub, which details the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- 3-day course.
- A blend of Practical delivery, e-learning and group discussion and a short assessment.
- Between 10-14 hours of home study learning and assessment tasks via the Learning Hub.
- Qualified Coaches can prepare, deliver (independently), review safe and effective sessions in a range of controlled environments.
Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon has been fully updated in 2016, with new learner resources, online assessment and innovative delivery methods on course to give coaches an engaging learning experience. Access to all the latest coaching resources via the Leaning Hub.
This course is accessible to learners who hold a Level 1 triathlon coaching qualification or who have experience of coaching and meet the direct entry requirements
- Understanding and analysing athletes.
- Planning a series of sessions.
- Working with a range of ages, abilities and aspirations.
- Coaching safety including open water swimming.
- 5 days course.
- The initial 4 days will focus on practical delivery.
- The final day will include assessment, personal review and action planning with your course tutor.
- 40-60 hours of home study work (e-learning and assessment).
Qualified Level 2 coaches can plan, lead and evaluate coaching sessions and blocks of progressive sessions. They can work in a wider range of environments including coaching in Open Water.More Info
Level 2 Diploma
New for 2018 we will be adding a fourth qualification to our coaching pathway – the Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Diploma.
This will sit as a progressive bolt on to the existing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon, specifically designed toward coaches who wish to either set up a coaching business or coaching individual clients.
We are very aware that to date, 1:1 coaching has been reserved for Level 3 coaches only, and we want to expand that to include level 2 Diploma coaches too.
- 2 full learning days.
- Online assessment
What will I learn?
- The 1:1 coaching model
- Understanding the Elements of Individual performance
- Selecting Athlete’s (The “chemistry match”)
- Athlete Profiling
The Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon (L3CCTRI) is designed for coaches who are committed to becoming the best coach they can be, with a desire of improving both their theoretical and practical coaching skills.
The Level 3 course is interactive and involves group discussions, presentations, quality guest speakers (coaches and athletes) and most importantly practical coaching experiences throughout. It has been designed to build on the training and experience gained at Level 2 to further develop your skills as a triathlon coach and introduce you to the more specific skills of working with individual athletes.More InfoSearch All Coaching Courses