The level 2 course was fully updated in 2016; this includes all new resources, online assessment and more engaging face to face delivery. You will deliver sessions on the course and in your club; these sessions will be assessed by course educators.
Level 2 is aimed at people with some experience of coaching (formally or informally) and of triathlon. The knowledge gained from completing this qualification will allow you to develop an understanding of safe, ethical and effective triathlon coaching.
The certificate qualifies you to independently plan, deliver and evaluate triathlon related activities to groups of children and/ or adults in any of the Level 2 coaching environments, including coaching in open water environments.
This course focuses on producing a competent club session coach who can promote the benefits of participating in triathlon, and develop appropriate skill acquisition through quality coaching of participants from grass roots level upwards.
The course is spread over 5 days over a period of 5-6 months consists of:
- 4 full learning days.
- 1 assessment and personal review day.
In addition to 40-60 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre course work for each weekend attended (allow 2-4 hours).
- Session planning and delivery of 6-10 coaching sessions in club environment.
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
What will I learn?
We have moved most of the ‘theory’ to home study modules and the face to face component will focus on practical and scenario based activities.
- Delivering engaging and effective sessions.
- Understanding and analysing athletes.
- Planning progressive sessions.
- Coaching safely across a range of environments, including open water.
- How to work with range of participant ages, abilities and aspirations.
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
Pre-requisites and enrolling on a Level 2 course
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 1 triathlon coach qualification or complete a direct entry process.
- Hold a valid Home Nation/ coach membership. This is to provide coaching insurance cover.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
- You will be registered for the qualification for a period of 24 months from the start of the course. However, most learners complete in-line with the course duration.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course, you will be able to:
- Plan, deliver and review engaging, performance improvement sessions.
- Evaluate participant performances.
- Create periodised and progressive plans for groups.
- Safely deliver session across a range of environments including open water.
- Work with others when creating plans and delivering sessions.
The cost of the course is £540 (£590 for direct entry learners ) which includes the five day course, online and practical assessment, all coaching resources, educator support and the learner registration fee to 1st4sport. If you miss any element of the course or assessment you may be required to pay an additional fee.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions for our cancellation policy which can be found in the above links and on the booking form.Find a Course