This sits as a progressive bolt on to the existing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon, specifically designed toward coaches who wish to either set up a coaching business or coaching individual clients.
We are very aware that to date, 1:1 coaching has been reserved for Level 3 coaches only, and we want to expand that to include level 2 Diploma coaches too.
The sport has moved on considerably in the last 10 years, so too has the popularity and demand from athletes in looking for a personal coach which is growing year on year. For those coaches who are in this position, we are now in a position to offer you the appropriate training, education, skills and importantly insurance that will formally enable you to coach individuals on a 1:1 basis, thus, widening the level 2 coaches’ remit.
The course is spread over a period of 6-9 months consisting of:
- 2 full learning days (delivered virtually).
- Online assessment.
In addition, 30-50 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre-course work (allow 2-4 hours).
- Planning task (approx. 30- 45 mins).
- Planning and delivery of a 12-week athlete programme.
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
What will I learn?
- The 1:1 coaching model.
- Understanding the Elements of Individual performance.
- Selecting Athlete’s (The “chemistry match”).
- Athlete Profiling.
- Contracting & Consultation Process.
- Creating & Developing an Effective Long-term Plan.
- Change Management.
- Coaching Business Modelling.
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.Learning Hub
Pre-requisites and Enrolling on a Level 2 diploma Course
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 2 triathlon coach qualification, you can only book onto this course once you have been certificated at level 2.
- We recommend that all applicants have at least 12 months triathlon coaching experience before commencing this course.
- Hold a valid Home Nation/coach membership - either core or ultimate membership. This is to provide coaching insurance cover. The essential membership does not provide this cover and will not allow access to courses.
- Scottish coaches should contact their home nation team before booking on to this course.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
- You will be registered for the qualification for a period of 12 months from the start of the course. However, most learners complete in-line with the course duration.
On successful completion of the Level 2 diploma, you will be able to:
- Deliver individualised athlete programs.
- The Diploma will also be recognised by our insurance broker, under the Ultimate Coach package.
- Apply to be listed on the Coach finder Service.
The fee for this course is £425 payable on application. The fee will include the virtual classroom sessions, online assessment, all coaching resources, and educator support. If you miss any element of the course or assessment you may be required to pay an additional fee.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions for our cancellation policy which can be found here.
All coaches (over the age of 18) must now undergo safeguarding training which can be done before or during your course, however, must in place prior to completion of your course. This is an extra cost of up to £30. Without this, you will not be sanctioned or insured to coach once qualified to do so. For further details see here.
Please note that all courses will run under Government and British Triathlon Guidance.Find a Course