The Level 3 High Performing Coach Programme has been designed to revolutionise the way British Triathlon currently develops coaches, informed by the latest research in adult learning and coach education and based on over 10 years’ experience of delivering the level 3 qualification.
The programme focuses on coach and athlete development, supporting individuals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The ethos for the course is that it is coach-centred, with a strong emphasis on challenging existing knowledge and developing further understanding through a culture of collaboration and shared experience. The coaches take full responsibility for their personal development, whilst receiving full support and guidance from a carefully selected team of the world-leading coach developers and mentors.
The Level 3 HPCP will help support a coaches pathway whilst working in their chosen domain, examples of this include, but not limited to:
- 1:1 coaching; Squad/ Group environments; Head Coaches; with an interest in any of the following domains: Age-Group, child, talent development, performance or paratriathlon;
The level 3 HPCP is open to level 2 qualified coaches that meet the set criteria (below) and wish to take that next step to develop their learning, empower their athletes whilst challenging and creating a programme that aims to motivate, inspire and educate.
Course Dates and Entry Requirements
Courses for 2019 are now underway. The next release of our Level 3 HPCP course application process will be in November/ December 2019, with courses commencing around June 2020.
Applications should be made via the British Triathlon Learning Hub, and places on the course are awarded following a rigourous review process.
If you wish to be added to the waiting list, please e-mail your membership number, first name, surname and preferred e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org and a reminder will be sent to you when we have dates available, along with a link to the Learning Hub Application area.
Once applications have been received, successful & unsuccessful notifications of the decisions will be sent out within 4 weeks of the closing date.
• British Triathlon Coach Core or Ultimate Membership
• Hold a British Triathlon or a 1st4Sport Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Certificate
• Have a broad range of coaching experience across all three triathlon disciplines
• A minimum of one year’s coaching experience including relevant CPD, since completing the Level 2 qualification.
• A commitment to learning and a growth mindset are essential
• Must be able to attend all four workshop weekends
• Accept the terms and conditions of the L3 HPCP.