Community Activator ONLINE February 2021
Community Activator (Run and Ride Leader):
To provide passionate and enthusiastic individuals (18+ Years of Age) with the confidence and skills to lead a variety of activities aimed at encouraging participation within the sport.
There are three important key strands to this role, all of which can be rewarding and will enhance participation and enjoyment of triathlon for all.
- To organise and lead safe, effective and inclusive triathlon training activities and experiences (cycling & running).
- To inform, inspire and cultivate connections in their local clubs and communities, with initiatives such as GO TRI.
- Act as a ‘coach support worker’, helping the Head Coach during sessions (e.g. setting up and take down equipment, taking timing splits, writing the session on the white board etc.)
This is NOT a coaching qualification. Individuals who aspire to become a coach much complete a formal coaching qualification.
This course is primarily designed to provide those who want to take on this role some additional skills to increase the safety and enjoyment of such activities for all those who take part.
The one-day online course is focused on developing the skills to organise and lead group training runs and cycle rides, support coached club sessions and cultivate connections to the sport of triathlon within local clubs and communities.
There is no formal assessment or exam.
Modules/ topics covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Activator.
- Planning and organising a Group Run session (Practical).
- Group cycle ride planning activity (Practical).
- Reflection & action planning is encouraged throughout the day.
- Safety management, planning, Equipment, participant motivation, Equity and communication are all core themes to the day and covered in each section.
- Over 18
- Must be a British Triathlon Ultimate, Core or Essential member
Not a Home Nation member yet? You can receive a Activator membership discount before enroling on to an activator course. Please contact Membership Services on 01509 226153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants need to attend all 3 sessions to become an activator. It is expected that participants log into the call from home for health and safety reasons as well ensuring the best possible learning experience for all participants and the tutor.
This online course is available to all members in every region. You will be sent a link to the online course a few days prior to the first day of the course.
ONLINE, Workshop, Online, Workshop, Online