Event Organiser Course - London
To support the development and continuation of high quality events, Triathlon England have developed a bespoke event organisers course with the aim of providing current and new event organisers with the skills and knowledge required to deliver safe, memorable and successful events.
The courses are delivered over two days and facilitated by trained tutors experienced in both triathlon and event delivery. There will be a maximum of 16 learners on each course to enable the sharing of experiences and good practice from each other.
The following modules are covered during the course:
- Event Management Cycle: covers describing and applying the stages of event delivery, including what constitutes safe and successful events.
- Project Scoping: explains project scoping and the benefits, along with developing an outline scope to be used in later modules.
- Building the Delivery Team: considers the roles and responsibilities of the event delivery team for both small and large scale events.
- Engaging Stakeholders and Partners: identifying the roles of stakeholders and partners along with the development of sponsorship packages.
- Detailed Planning: delivery of project plans, including information on risk assessments and Emergency Action Plans
- Course Design: involving applying the principles of good course design along with understanding the change in requirements needed for youth and paratriathlon events along with varying distances.
- Financial Planning: assists with the development of an event finance plan by identifying various costs which may be incurred. Also considers event entry fees.
- Marketing and Communication: highlights the importance of marketing and potential methods along with the outcomes and an understanding of when additional support may be required.
- Event Evaluation and Impact: looks at identifying the successful and unsuccessful elements of an event to contribute to the event’s continued success. Also includes analysing feedback and determining resulting actions.
The course provides an opportunity to enhance your skills as an event organiser while providing you with the opportunity to network with a variety of other event organisers. Delegates will achieve a certificate of attendance along with an electronic copy of the resources used.
For Event Organisers who have not registered an event for 2019 by 31 March 2019 there will be an additional £70 course fee.
The permitting fee paid by Permitting Event Organisers contributes to subsidising the course, which is why there is an addtional fee for non-permitting attendees. For more information please contact email@example.com.
YHA London St Pancras Hostel, 79-81 Euston Road, London, England, NW1 2QE