GO TRI Ladies Open Water Swim Brighton and Hove
GO TRI Open Water Trainig Day
The GO TRI Open Water training day is aimed at first timers who have entered or intend to enter the Brighton and Hove triathlon, GO TRI or any other sea swim Triathlon.
This session will help you prepare and feel confident for your first open water swim event by covering the following:
- How to get into and out of a wetsuit
- How to swim in a wetsuit
- Swimming in the waves
- Swimming in a group with other participants
- Introduction to and top tips for transition
- getting comfortable in open water - special provision will be made for first time open water swimmers
- practice sighting to navigate an open water course
- learn how to turn around buoys
- A Q+A session on participating in a Triathlon
Date: Saturday 16th June 2018
Time: 09:30am - 11:30am
Location: The Lifeguard station on the beach, at West Pier, Kings Road, Brighton. You will be able to identify the Lifeguard station by its red windbreakers and coloured flags, there will also be a Red GO TRI Flag positioned about 200m east of the Peace Statue and 300m west of the derelict West Pier. The nearest landmark is the bandstand.
The GO TRI Open Water Training Day will be delivered by British Triathlon qualified coaches from Brighton Triathlon Club. Many thanks to BRI TRI, and please check out their other training sessions here.
Lifeguards beach station, Brighton Beach , Brighton, Sussex, BN1 2PQ