Level 1 Triathlon coaching course Cardiff - Blended learning *COURSE FULL
Level 1 Triathlon Coach
The level 1 qualification will allow a coach to lead and deliver (pre-planned) sessions or plan basic sessions on their own (reviewed by higher level coach) in a range of club environments (without the need to be directly supervised). You will gain the knowledge to adapt sessions to meet the needs of a variety of participants.
Course content includes
- Safety in coaching triathlon activities
- Preparing sessions for delivery
- Develop key coaching and technical skills
- Learners will have access to an online resource(LearningHub), with the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- Two learning days - usually consecutive days. - for 2020-21 the classroom elements will be replaced by webinars and the practical elements will take place over a weekend face to face
- A third day comprising a final practical coaching assessment, personal review and action planning.
- Home study - around 10-14 hours over 3-4 weeks (including some pre-course work). Learners with limited triathlon experience may require some extra reading time (3-5 hours)
You will be required to complete home study online tasks, plan, deliver and review practical sessions (on course).
Course Webinar and Practical Dates
|Webinar 1||Monday 8th March||
Intro, what is coaching and coaching safetly ?
|Webinar 2 & 3||
Saturday 13th March
|Webinar 4 & 5||
Sunday 14th March
Bike & Swim theory
Q & A Prior to practicals
Sunday 21st March
|09:00-16:-00||Practical session TBC|
Monday 22nd March
|19:00-21:00||CPD & Intro to conditioning + Q&A prior to assessments|
Please ensure you can attend the webinars and dates as listed, whilst we will aim to record all course webinars ths cannot be guaranteed.
Full course details :
Sport Wales, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, Cardiff, CF11 9SW