Level 1 upgrade Jan 2019
This fully online course allows existing level 1 assistant coaches who obtained their qualification prior to the new 2016 qualfications to upgrade to the new qualification remit. This will be awarded directly by British Triathlon.
- Learners will be given access to all new materials
- Guidance via course assessor
- Approximately 10-14 hours of home study to complete.
- Learners will have 8 weeks to complete from course start date.
- Assessment will be online and feedback provided via email or phone.
- No course attendance or practical assessment is required, full instructions will be sent when course application closes.
Level 1 coaches qualified prior to October 2016 are classed as assistant coaches. The level 1 qualification has been revised from this date, and this bridging qualification will allow a coach to lead and deliver (pre-planned) sessions or plan basic sessions (reviewed by a higher qualified triathlon coach) in a range of club environments without being under direct supervision.
- Must hold a level 1 qualification awarded before October 2016
- Must be 18 years of age
- A Home Nation member (Full Membership)
- Access to computer for online study and assessment
- Non UK residents should contact the coaching team for guidance
- Scottish coaches should contact their home nation team for guidance