Level 2 Diploma - Cardiff
Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Diploma.
This will sit as a progressive bolt on to the existing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon, specifically designed toward coaches who wish to either set up a coaching business or coaching individual clients.
The course will offer you the appropriate training, education, skills and importantly insurance that will formally enable you to coach individuals on a 1:1 basis, thus, widening the level 2 coaches remit.
The course is spread over 2 days over a period of 6-9 months consisting of:
- 2 full learning days.
- Webinars- dates and times of the webinars will be confirmed
- On line assessment
In addition 30-50 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre-course work (allow 2-4 hours).
- planning and delivery of a 12-week athlete programme
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
What will I learn?
The 1:1 coaching model
- Understanding the Elements of Individual performance
- Selecting Athlete’s (The “chemistry match”)
- Athlete Profiling
- Contracting & Consultation Process
- Creating & Developing an Effective Long-term Plan
- Change Management
- Coaching Business Modelling.
Pre-requisites and enrolling on a Level 2 diploma course
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 2 triathlon coach qualification, you can only book onto this course once you have been certificated at level 2. We recommend a minimum of 6 months triathlon coaching experience.
- Be a valid Home Nation member. This is to provide coaching insurance cover.
- Scottish coaches should contact their home nation team before booking on to this course.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
- You will be registered for the qualification for a period of 12 months from the start of the course. However, most learners complete in-line with the course duration.
On successful completion of the Level 2 diploma, you will be able to:
- Deliver individualised athlete programs
- For commercial coaching the Diploma will also be recognised by our insurance broker, under the Coach PLUS package
The fee includes the 2-day course, online assessment, all coaching resources and educator support. If you miss any element of the course or assessment you may be required to pay an additional fee.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions for our cancellation policy which can be found here and on the booking form.
Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens , Cardiff, Cardiff, CF11 9SW