Open Water Coaching CPD Workshop - LONDON
Overview of the workshop
The Open Water Coaching workshop is aimed primarily at coaches who currently deliver or would like to deliver coached open water sessions.
The one-day workshop has a mix of theory and practical designed to support the development of open water coaching knowledge and ability.
As well as getting hands on practical experience coaching a group of open water swimmers, you will also cover:
- What types of activities can go into an open water session and how to integrate these into a session plan
- The health and safety of open water coaching and what to look for in a venue when delivering open water sessions
- Coaching skills for effective open water session delivery
- How to effectively manage a safety team and gaining an insight how to best work with them.
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an assistant coach
- Level 2 or Trainee L2 coach (enrolled on a current Coaching Course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation’s membership
The workshop will provide you with
· A deeper understanding of how to coach in open water environment
· The knowledge to ensure your sessions are safe
· Practical experience to develop your open water coaching skills
· Accesses to multiple online resources to support your coaching
· An opportunity to reflect on your open water coaching with the support of other coaches
Docklands Sailing & Watersports Centre, 235A Westferry Road, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 3QS