Strength & Conditioning Workshop #8 - BLENDED LEARNING
We are pleased to announce that we have now adapted the Strength & Conditioning Workshop into a blended format. This means that the workshop will be delivered over a series of interactive webinars, with a follow up day for the practical session to be held based on geopgraphical spread of the coaches. Available to all coaches in all regions, you will have the opportunity to attend a practical session that suits your location. Locations for these will be announced, once we have facility bookings in place. These will in the North, Midlands & Southern areas.
The British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning workshop is a one day coaching CPD workshop containing a mix of practical and classroom activities designed to develop your understanding and ability to effectively coach S&C sessions.
Developed in conjunction with British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning coaches, the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Introduction to S&C in Triathlon - What you need to know?
- The Needs Analysis Process
- Programming Principles
- How to deliver effective preparation and warm up activities
- Lower body, core conditioning and upper body exercises
The workshop content has been designed to allow coaches to deliver S&C sessions within a club environment with minimal or no equipment. The workshop does not cover Olympic or power lifting.
In addition to the workshop, coaches who attend will be able to access the British Triathlon S&C coaching resource via the Learning Hub. This includes a large suite of videos of S&C exercises as well as the resources used to deliver the workshop.
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an Assistant Coach
- Level 2 or Trainee L2 coach (enrolled on a current coaching course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation Coach Membership
- Both webinars will need to be attended, along with completion of the practical session in order to obtain a Certificate of Completion and to deliver Strength & Conditioning within the remit of your qualification
- As this course is fully interactive, to get the best possible learning experience for both coaches and tutor,webinar cameras will need to be on at all times throughout the sessions to aid with interaction. You will need to be prepared to engage throughout the sessions via chat or via microphone so please ensure these are in full working order.It is expected that coaches log into the call from home for health and safety reasons as well as ensuring the best possible learning experience. A good internet connection is therefore required.
- This online course is available to all coaches in every region
PLEASE NOTE, ALL COURSE BOOKINGS WILL BE RUN IN A COVID-19 SECURE MANNER TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR PARTICIPANTS AND TUTORS. ALL BOOKINGS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN LINE WITH LOCAL OR NATIONAL LOCKDOWNS. IF WE NEED TO REARRANGE A COURSE BOOKING WE WILL PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION FOR YOU.
ONLINE, ONLINE, ONLINE, ONLINE, ONLINE