Strength & Conditioning Workshop - WEST MIDLANDS
Overview of the Workshop
The British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning workshop is a one day coaching CPD workhop containing a mix of practical and classroom activities to develop your understanding and ability to effectively coach S&C sessions.
Developed in conjuction with British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning coaches , the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Introduction to S&C in Triathlon - What you need to know?
- The Needs Analysis Process
- Programming Principles
- How to deliver effective preparation and warm up activities
- Lower body, core conditioning and upper body exercises
The workshop content has been designed to allow coaches to deliver S&C sessions within a club environment with minimal or no equipment. The workshop does not cover Olympic or power lifting.
In addition to the workshop, coaches will be able to access the British Triathlon S&C coaching resource via the Learning Hub. This includes a large suite of videos of S&C exercises as well as the resources used to deliver the workshop.
Coaches who attend the workshop will be able to deliver body wight focused S&C sessions within the remit of their coaching qualification. It does not extend a coaches remit to deliver weighted Olympic or power lifting style sessions.
Pre Course Requisites
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an Assistant Coach
- Level 2 or Trainee Level 2 coach (enrolled on a current coaching course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation Coach Membership
Alleynes Sports Centre, Oulton Road, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 8DR