Strength & Conditioning Workshop - YORKSHIRE
The British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning workshop is a one day coaching CPD workshop containing a mix of practical and classroom activities designed to develop your understanding and ability to effectively coach strength & conditioning sessons.
Developed in conjunction with British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning coaches, the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Introduction to S&C in Triathlon - What you need to know?
- The Needs Analysis Process
- Programming Principles
- How to deliver effective preparation and warm up activities
- Lower body, core conditioning and upper body exercises
The workshop content has been designed to allow coaches to deliver S&C sessions within a club environment with minmal or no equipment. The workshop does not cover Olympic or power lifting.
In addition to the workhop, coaches who attend will be able to access the British Triathlon S&C coaching resource via the Learning Hub. This includes a large suite of videos of S&C exercises as well as the resources used to the deliver the workshop.
Coaches who attend the workshop will be able to deliver body weight focused S&C sessions within the remit of their coaching qualifications. It does not extend a coaches remit to deliver weighted Olympic or powerlifting style sessions.
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an Assistant Coach
- Level 2, Level 2 Diploma or Trainee Level 2 coach (enrolled on a current coaching course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Core Coach or Ultimate Coach Home Nation Membership
Manvers Waterfront Boat Club, The BoathousE, Station Road, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire, S63 7DG