Strength and Conditioning Cardiff
The British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning workshop has been adapted for blended learning.
There will be two 75 minute online sessions with a BTF tutor followed by a morning practical session at Sport Wales, Cardiff.
The course is designed to develop your understanding and abiliy to effectively coach Strength & Conditioning sessions.
Developed in conjunction with British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning coaches, the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Introduction to S&C in Triathlon - What do you need to know?
- The Needs Analysis Process
- Programming Principles
- How to deliver effective preparation and warm up activities
- Lower body, core conditioning and upper body exercises
The workshop content has been designed to allow coaches to deliver S&C sessions within a club environment with minimal or no equipment. The workshop does not cover Olympic or power lifting.
In addition to the workshop, coaches will be able to access the British Triathlon S&C coaching resource via the Learning Hub. This includes a large suite of videos of S&C exercises as well as the resources used to deliver the workshop.
Coaches who complete the workshop will be able to deliver ody weight focused S&C sessions within the remit of their coaching qualifications. It does not extend a coaches remit to deliver weighted Olypmic or powerlifting style sessions.
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an Assistant Coach
- Level 2 or Trainee L2 coach (enrolled on a current coaching course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation Coach Membership
Sport Wales , Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, Wales, cf11 9sw