These terms and conditions apply to all Coaching Courses
- Application is made via the online enrolment system.
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid Coach Essential or Coach Plus Home Nation membership (except where specified).
- Applicant must of the age as stated in the course description.
- Applicants must have internet access for the duration of the course (unless otherwise stated).
- Applicants must be able to attend all course dates.
Direct Entry Requirements - Level 2 Coaching Course only
- Applicants who do not hold a triathlon level 1 qualification must satisfy the criteria outlined in the application process, and pass a screening process. The fee for this is non-refundable.
- Payment for the course and the direct entry fee will be taken and if not successful you will be refunded the course fee, minus the direct entry fee.
- Your place on the course is subject to completing the screening process.
- If direct entry applicants fail any of the practical assessments, there will be an additional charge of £75 for each reassessment.
- If applicants are found to have falsified any information in the direct entry process and cannot meet the requirements of the level 2 assessments, we reserve the right to request the person completes level 1 prior to certification at level 2.
- Payment must be paid at time of booking through the online enrolment system.
- Credit or debit card payments are the only available payment method
A numbers of fees are included in the course costs. These include but are not limited to:
- Awarding body fee
- Resource costs
- Transaction fee
Additional Costs and Fees
The course fees paid are based on a candidate completing the course in the normal route, changes or amendments to an individual process can result in additional fees. A selection of these are detailed below.
- Loss of or change of name on certificate £12
- Loss of portfolio £15
- Re-registration (if qualification period expires) £45
- Non-attendance of learning or assessment day £75-£150
- Places are offered on a first come, first served basis to applicants. If a course is over-subscribed, you can contact your regional manager to register an interest in future courses.
- Closing date for applications will be 14 days before the course start date, or when all available places are booked.
- Confirmation will be emailed to you on completion of the online enrolment.
- Final Details regarding venue, timings, equipment required etc. will be emailed to you approximately 10 working days before commencement of the course.
- Please ensure that the email listed on your membership profile is correct.
Cancellation and Amendment charges
Courses are funded directly by attendees; it is not possible to offer a flexible approach to course attendance due to strict learner ratios. Our cancellation and refund policy is below
Up to 28 days before course commences, a refund will be given less the following
- Online booking and administration fee: £30
Less than 28 days before course commences
- No refund or transfer to other course
Level 2 Diploma Courses
This courses commences 4-6 weeks before the first day, the following terms are applied.
Up to 45 days before course commences, a refund will be given less the following
- Online booking and administration fee: £30
Less than 45 days before course commences
- No refund or transfer to other course unless the place can be filled.
- If a replacement can be found a fee of £75 will be payable with the balance refunded.
On commencement of the course ( all courses)
- No refund or transfer to another course either entirely or part of is possible
- All days must be attended and any missed parts of the course will require additional payment to complete again.
IF WE ARE REQUIRED TO CANCEL COURSES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO A FULL REFUND OF THE COURSE FEES PAID, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FURTHER LOSS.
On application a record is generated for course you have applied for, this is only shared with the course organiser and tutors. On certification your membership record is updated with your coaching qualification. An individual’s status as a coach can be confirmed to a third party upon request.
Membership and Coaches insurance
Your membership includes professional indemnity and public liability insurance to cover you as a coach/official; during the course this will allow you to carry out the required coaching to complete your qualification. From commencement of the course learners will be defined as a trainee coach/official.
Trainee coaches should not exceed the course coaching remit until they are certified. It is important to maintain your membership to ensure this cover remains in place.