Triathlon Specific First Aid Workshop - EAST
The course will include all relevant sporting type injuries and will be delivered by trainers who are medics and triathlon sports coach educators from Lifeline Training. To remain COVID-19 secure and to protect those on the workshop, all social distancing measures will be in place. Lifeline also guarantees a mannequin and kit for each person, providing opportunities for candidates to have lots of hands on experience.
The course content will include: aims of first aid, role of first aider, anaphylaxis, asthma, bleeding, fractures and dislocations, collisions, head injuries, choking, cardio pulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, diabetes, drowning, eye injuries, first aid kits, fitting, heart attacks, poisoning, recovery position, shock, spinal injuries, stroke, unconscious casualties, burns, climate injuries, soft tissue injuries, Q&A's. This will also include COVID-19 related advice.
All candidates will receive:
- Training Pack
- Colour manual
- 4 certificates (Emergency First Aid at Work - Triathlon First Aid 6hrs, Automated External Defibrillator, BHF Emergency Life Support, Auto Adrenaline Injection Pen Module) valid for 3 years.
This workshop is available to all Home Nation Members and not coach specific (including coaches, technical officials, volunteers and athletes).
The certification from this workshop can be used at events by volunteers to support the events professional medical provision.
In case of any concerns, Lifeline Training can confirm the following hygiene measures have historically and are continually followed:
- Replacement lungs in each manikin each course.
- Manikin fully sterilised for each course.
- Fully sterilised pocket masks available for use in practical scenarios. (You do not have to blow directly into manikin)
- Use of Bag, valve and mask (BVM) will be available
- Nitrile gloves, hand sanitizer and tissues available to all.
In addition, due to current COVID19 pandemic (we are following the European Resuscitation Council , NHS guidelines and Qualsafe Awarding Body guidelines):
- Venue booking will ensure a room large enough to keep min 2m apart (regardless of updates from Government at this stage)
- Candidates will all be asked to use individual pockets masks for use with CPR as mandatory. These are fully sterile before each course and are not to be shared.
- It will also be mandatory to use nitrile gloves in all practical scenarios.
- All candidates will have their own manikin for the course.
- Tutor will wipe down any tables and equipment used each course, with antibacterial wipes.
- Please do not assume to shake hands with Tutor or any other candidates. With thanks!
- We ask all candidates to take personal responsibility of hygiene, e.g. hand washing, using tissue to catch cough as per guidelines. Tissues will be available.
- Please DO NOT attend the course should you feel unwell and show any signs of COVID-19
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FACE MASK TO THE COURSE if you wish to wear one, but this is not mandatory as we can adhere to social distancing at all times.
PLEASE NOTE, ALL COURSE BOOKINGS WILL BE RUN IN A COVID-19 SECURE MANNER TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR PARTICIPANTS AND TUTORS. ALL BOOKINGS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN LINE WITH LOCAL OR NATIONAL LOCKDOWNS. IF WE NEED TO REARRANGE A COURSE BOOKING WE WILL PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION FOR YOU.
TBC, CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGE