Dates announced and applications open for the Level 3 High Performing Coach Programme for 2020.
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the next Level 3 High Performing Coach Programme ("HPCP").
The Level 3 High Performing Coach Programme has been designed to revolutionise the way British Triathlon currently develops coaches, informed by the latest research in adult learning and coach education and based on over 10 years’ experience of delivering the Level 3 qualification.
The programme focuses on coach and athlete development, supporting individuals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The ethos for the course is that it is coach-centred, with a strong emphasis on challenging existing knowledge and developing further understanding through a culture of collaboration and shared experience. The coaches take full responsibility for their personal development, whilst receiving full support and guidance from a carefully selected team of the world-leading coach developers and mentors.
The Level 3 HPCP will help support a coaches pathway whilst working in their chosen domain, examples of this include, but not limited to:
- 1:1 coaching; Squad/ Group environments; Head Coaches; with an interest in any of the following domains: Age-Group, child, talent development, performance or paratriathlon;
Course Details & Entry Requirements
With 2 courses to run across 2020/2021, the HPCP is open to Level 2 qualified coaches that meet the set criteria (below) and wish to take that next step to develop their learning, empower their athletes whilst challenging and creating a programme that aims to motivate, inspire and educate.
Both courses will commence in May 2020 and will be held at British Triathlon HQ. The cost of the course is £1,400 (payable in two instalments), with dates as follows:
|Course 7||Course 8|
Applications will close on Tuesday 10th March at 23:59. Applications should be made via the British Triathlon Learning Hub. Places on the course are awarded following a rigourous review process. Successful & unsuccessful notifications of the decisions will be sent out within 4 weeks of the closing date. Course selection and payment details will be provided to all successful applicants in due course.
- British Triathlon Coach Core or Ultimate Membership
- Hold a British Triathlon Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Certificate
- Have a broad range of coaching experience across all three triathlon diciplines
- A minimum of one year's coaching expereience including relevant CPD, since completing the Level 2 qualification
- A commitment to learning and a growth mindset are essential
- Must be able to attend all four weekends
- Accept the terms and conditions of the Level 3 HPCP
- Comply with the Coaches Code of Conduct
You can access the full course prospectus HERE
Any questions, please contact the Coach Development Team at email@example.com.