It will soon be time for all clubs to start thinking about re-affiliating to British Triathlon for 2019. At the end of last year all clubs with juniors were informed they will needed to have gained TriMark Club Bronze accreditation to re-affiliate for next year. This needs to be completed by 31 December 2018 at the latest.
The good news is that out of the 232 clubs with juniors over 75% will have achieved this status in time to re-affiliate. This means approximately 58 clubs still need to complete TriMark Club Bronze. The application process is straight forward to complete, don't let your club be one of the clubs unable to affiliate in 2019 and submit your club’s application as soon as possible.
Why are we asking clubs with juniors to complete club accreditation?
- To ensure all clubs with juniors have the minimum safeguarding standards in place to affiliate to British Triathlon.
- This should be seen as a positive move to help demonstrate clubs are a safe, accessible, enjoyable and welcoming environment for all young people.
- It will demonstrate an accredited club is a safe and secure environment thereby encouraging more young people to take part in triathlon.
- By adopting these procedures clubs will be putting their club and British Triathlon at the forefront of safeguarding within sport.
To achieve TriMark Club Bronze accreditation a club must complete a simple online form to prove:
- The club is affiliated to British Triathlon.
- Confirm that the club is a community club with a management committee.
- The club has a constitution in place.
- There is an active programme of training.
- The club has an appropriately trained Welfare Officer.
- All club coaches have a DBS check in place and are insured to coach.
British Triathlon, as the National Governing Body for Triathlon, takes its safeguarding responsibilities seriously. It firmly believes all clubs with juniors must achieve TriMark Club Bronze to affiliate for 2019. If your club has yet to affiliate further details can be found on the British Triathlon website or by contacting your Regional Manager for further support. Further help is available by contacting email@example.com.