Young Person & Community
We have a variety of courses coming up in the 'off season' within the North East. A great opportunity for CPD
March 9th 2019
To provide young people (aged 14-17) with the opportunity to gain the skills and confidence to lead and assist in the delivery of triathlon sessions and grow participation in their local club, school, or community group.
Young Activators will develop the skills to:
- Assist a coach with the set up and running of club activities.
- Lead sessions under the supervision of a coach or PE teacher. This might involve helping to organise an activity within a session i.e a transition skills challenge, leading the warm-up/warm down, splitting athletes into groups in preparation for the session.
- Assist in wider club or school triathlon activities such as volunteering or helping to organise GO TRI events or other competitions.
March 9th 2019
To provide passionate and enthusiastic individuals (18+ Years of Age) with the confidence and skills to lead a variety of activities aimed at encouraging participation within the sport.
There are three important key strands to this role, all of which can be rewarding and will enhance participation and enjoyment of triathlon for all.
- To organise and lead safe, effective and inclusive triathlon training activities and experiences (cycling & running).
- To inform, inspire and cultivate connections in their local clubs and communities, with initiatives such as GO TRI.
- Act as a ‘coach support worker’, helping the Head Coach during sessions (e.g. setting up and take down equipment, taking timing splits, writing the session on the white board etc.)