Coaching Courses for 2018/19 released
The North East Region are thrilled to announce that the Level 1 and Level 2 Courses are now open for booking.
In order for an individual to book onto the course they must hold a valid Coaching/Full Membership to British Triathlon.
A description of the courses can be found below.
Level 1 Triathlon Coach
Fully updated in 2016, this qualification will allow coaches to deliver sessions independently. Accessible to all learners from the age of 16 ( independent delivery from 18), an understanding of Triathlon is useful but not essential.
Course content includes
- Safety in coaching triathlon activities
- Preparing sessions for delivery
- Develop key coaching and technical skills
- Learners will have access to an online resource(LearningHub), with the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- 3-day course
- A blend of Practical delivery, e-learning and group discussion and a short assessment
- Between 10-14 hours of home study learning and assessment tasks via LearningHub
Qualified Coaches can prepare, deliver (independently), review safe and effective sessions in a range of controlled environments
Level 2 Triathlon Coach
Fully updated in 2016, with new learner resources, online assessment and innovative delivery methods on course to give coaches an engaging learning experience
This course is accessible to learners from the age of 18, who hold a Level 1 triathlon coaching qualification or who have experience of coaching and meet the direct entry requirements
- Understanding and analysing athletes
- Planning a series of sessions
- Working with a range of ages, abilities and aspirations
- Coaching safety including open water swimming
- Learners will have access to an online resource (LearningHub) with the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- 5 days course
- The initial 4 days will focus on practical delivery. The final day will include assessment, personal review and action planning with your course tutor
- 40-60 hours of home study work (e-learning and assessment via the learninghub)
- Qualified Level 2 coaches can plan, lead and evaluate coaching sessions and blocks of progressive sessions. They can work in a wider range of environments including coaching in Open Water.
Please click here to BOOK