On the 24th September 2017 we are pleased to announce that we will be holding a Head Coaches workshop at the YHA Manchester.
The course runs between 9am and 4:30pm and cost £95. A full overview is listed below and to book onto the course please click here.
The Club Head Coaches workshop is aimed primarily at individuals who are in a leadership position within a club environment such as Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Chairperson or Club Secretary and aims to support their development within that role.
Each workshop is built upon core principles and tailored to the coaches needs, so no two workshops will look exactly the same. To facilitate this tailoring process a pre-workshop webinar will provide those attending the opportunity to shape the content of the day from the topics below:
- Understanding the Role of a Head Coach
- Building a vision for your club and coaching team
- Growing and developing a club and the coaching infrastructure that supports it
- Understanding the 'business' aspects of clubs (e.g. tax and insurance implications) Developing individual coaches
- Building a coaching team within a club
- Planning and providing training opportunities within a club, for athletes and coaches
- Managing safety and welfare in a club.
For a detailed overview of the Head Coaches workshop click HERE.
Up to date Home Nation’s membership
The workshop will provide you with:
- Key information on the role of Head Coach
- Access to unique online content through the coaches hub
- Access to fellow coaches and 'mentors' who will form a wider support network
- Practical ideas that you can experiment with implementing within your own club
- Access to a group for discussing and sharing of issues and ideas
- An opportunity to spend quality time away from your coaching environment and reflect upon your own professional development
Course Specific Information
A key aim of the workshop is to create regional community of practice for head coaches. To do this there will be support available to help you set up this community with the other coaches on the workshop.