Last few spaces remain on the RTO course!
Are you a qualified local technical officer? Do you want to take the next step and become a regional technical officer? If so, their are limited spaces left on the RTO course at the YHA Manchester on the 31st March 2019.
The RTO course is the next step on the officiating pathway and builds upon the skills and knowledge gained during the course of training and operating as an LTO, and further develops these whilst adding to them.
The training consists of:
- A half day course
- An associated knowledge tester
- The completion of two shadows of qualified Officials at two open water events
The RTO courses are organised by the Regional Programme Managers and cost £15 to attend.
The course recaps the content from the LTO course to familiarise candidates and covers supervising other Officials in more depth and introduces:
- Officiating at Open Water Events
- Crisis Management and Contingency Planning
- Supervising Other Technical Officials
Following the successful completion of the theoretical and practical elements candidates will be eligible to officiate as the Chief Official at open water events and be part of the officiating team at British Triathlon and Home Nation Association Major Events.
To attend the course candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have fully completed the LTO qualification
- Have been the Chief Official at a minimum of two events, or assisted at a minimum of four events, since qualifying as an LTO
As volunteers, qualified Regional Technical Officials are entitled to receive reimbursement for expenses incurred for attending events, which are claimed directly from the Event Organiser. The British Triathlon Officials Expenses Policy can be found in the Officiating Resources section.
To book onto the course click here.