Trials for the 2021-2022 intake are confirmed for Sunday 3rd October
The North West Regional Triathlon Academy is the first step on British Triathlon's Performance Pathway, supporting the development of young and talented athletes within the North West of England. The NW academy is one of 12 across Britain with the ultimate goal to develop athletes to achieve at the highest levels of the sport.
About the Academy
Please read the Regional Academy Guide very carefully
The North West region consists of the following areas:
- Greater Manchester
Anyone living in these areas, aged 15-19 in the year of triathlon competition, who can meet the entry requirements for the North West Academy will be invited to join.
- Provide positive and engaging triathlon experiences that add value to build a love of training and the sport
- Exposure through training and educational sessions to the skills, knowledge and performance behaviours and standards required to succeed in performance triathlon
- Identify and support talent by monitoring results at local events and establishing links with local swim/cycle/run/triathlon clubs
- Provide support for talent via triathlon club coaches and parents
- Guide and prepare athletes towards gaining a place on the Triathlon England Talent Squad
- You should read the Regional Academy Guide very carefully, it will help when deciding whether or not to apply.
- The academy is for athletes aged 15-19* years old in the triathlon competitive season, ie Youth A, Youth B or Junior. (*athletes aged 18/19 will need to demonstrate they are on a rapidly improving trajectory or are new to the sport)
- Further supporting information for the North West trials can be found on the Selection Trials page.
- If you are offered a place in the Academy you will be required to become a member of Triathlon England if you aren't already. Reading the Athlete Development Framework will help with the application.
Head Coach: Katie Hewison
Thank you to our Regional Academy Sponsors