The North West Regional Triathlon Academy is the first step on British Triathlon's Performance Pathway, supporting the development of young and talented athletes aged 14-18 within the North West of England. The NW academy is one of 12 across Britain with the ultimate goal to develop athletes to achieve at the highest levels of the sport.
Athletes can apply to join the academy in September each year, but can get in touch before then if interested in finding out more about the pathway.
About the Academy
The North West region consists of the following areas:
- Greater Manchester
- Provide positive and engaging triathlon experiences that add value to build a love of training and the sport
- Exposure through training and educational sessions to the skills, knowledge and performance behaviours and standards required to succeed in performance triathlon
- Identify and support talent by monitoring results at local events and establishing links with local swim/cycle/run/triathlon clubs
- Provide support for talent via triathlon club coaches and parents
- Guide and prepare athletes towards gaining a place on the Triathlon England Next Generation Squad
- The academy is for athletes aged 14-18 years old (for the 2023-2024 intake athletes must be 15 between Jan 1st 2024 and December 31st 2024 and therefore competing as a Youth A. Athletes aged 18/19 will need to demonstrate they are on a rapidly improving trajectory or are new to the sport).
- You should read the Regional Academy Guide very carefully, it will help when deciding whether or not to apply.
- If you are offered a place in the Academy you will be required to become a member of Triathlon England if you aren't already.
- To find out more about how Academies work please read our Academy Handbook here.
- To find out more about how selection works and for our points calculator please look here.
Regional Academy Lead: Katie Hewison
Thank you to our Regional Academy Sponsors