For England, we have put together detailed guidance for how our clubs and coaches can operate under the new tiers, you must read this guidance before facilitating any actvity. This updated guidance only applies in England, for information about Scotland's guidance please visit Triathlon Scotland and for information about Wales' guidance please visit Welsh Triathlon.
Every part of England is classified into one of four tiers, these may change at any time and clubs and coaches are encouraged to check these regularly by looking what restrictions are in operation in each tier and looking at the live list of the tiers each area falls into. They are also available directly through the government’s test and trace app.
Provision for under 18s, disabled people and delivery in educational settings inside curriculum time are exempt from all tier restrictions set out in the guidance document.
Please download and read our full guidance document to see what is permitted in your area.
Ahead of planning club or coaching activity, it is really important to ensure that all activity is planned in a Covid-19 Secure manner. The government have established guidelines to ensure participant safety when they are taking part in sporting activity. The guidance we have produced must be adhered to in order for our clubs and coaches to remain insured.
1. All community clubs must appoint a named Covid-19 Officer
2. All community clubs must develop a Covid-19 Action Plan and Risk Assessment
3. All clubs and coaches must comply with government guidance around social distancing before, during and after activity
4. All clubs and coaches must capture pre-activity health questionnaires, including complying with the government’s ‘test and trace’ initiative across all delivery forms
5. Clubs and coaches must ensure everyone at the session maintains good hygiene and that provisions are in place to allow for this
6. All clubs and coaches must ensure additional measures and considerations are in place for all sessions that include children and young people under the age of 18.