British Triathlon and the Royal Life Saving Society UK (RLSS UK) recognise the growth of open water swimming and the need to develop its existing infrastructure to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for new and existing swimmers.
SH2OUT is an exciting new programme that has been developed to further promote and progress open water swimming and the safety within the sport. By contributing to the sport’s growth, the partnership will provide appropriate resources and support the development of standards that ensure safe and compelling experiences for participants.
The joint venture aims to help promote safety and enjoyment in open water swimming with five key strategic objectives:
- Safe Venues - delivering a publicly recognised quality standard for open water swimming venues.
- Quality Event - ensuring open water swimming events are delivered to approved standards.
- Vibrant Community - providing a compelling offer to all open water swimming.
- Industry Guidance - proving market leading education, support and advice to the triathlon and lifesaving communities.
- Inspiring Participation - develop a clear and supportive participation pathway, enabling more people to take part in open water swimming.
Phase 1 of this initiative will launch at the beginning of May 2017, bringing you a new website – sh2out.org and the SH2OUT venue accreditation scheme will also open.
To view the 2016-2018 strategy for Open Water please click here.
If you have any questions about SH2OUT, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at info@SH2OUT.org or sign up to receive the SH2OUT newsletter.