Represent your region at the U20's Festival
The IRC's comprise a weekend of racing by regional teams from throughout the UK at the British Triathlon U20's Festival. This years U20's Festival will take place on the Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September at Mallory Park, Leicestershire.
Each region takes a team of 12 athletes from TriStar 2 and TriStar 3 categories (3 male and 3 female athletes from each age group) plus reserves.
Qualify for the South Central Team
The IRC team will consist of 3 boys and 3 girls at TS2; and 3 boys and 3 girls at TS3. The 4th member from each gender/age category will be required to be at the I.R.C and race in the relay event. There will also be Reserves (5th Place) selected. Team hotel will be Bosworth Hall Hotel.
IRC Team Places 1 and 2
The First and Second place South Central Series Athlete over the line at Nottingham Mixed Relay Event on 15th of June 2019 will be awarded a place on the IRC team. If this race is cancelled or reduced to an aquathon/duathlon for any reason the Qualification race for these two slots will be Bowood instead.
IRC Team Places 3 and 4
The First and Second place South Central Series Athlete over the line at Bowood House Triathlon on 29th of June 2019 will be awarded a place on the IRC team. If it is the same two athletes that have won the slots at Nottingham it will go down to the next two South Central athletes. If this race is cancelled or reduced to a aquathon/duathlon for any reason the Qualification race for these two slots will be drawn from the top two athletes in the South Central Series.
A 5th boy and girl in each age category will also be selected by the Committee looking at a combination of the South Central Rankings and the IRC qualification races – Nottingham and Bowood. These reserves will be non-travelling but will be needed if one of the selected athletes is unable to race. They are invited to attend the South Central training camp. They will not be awarded IRC team kit.
- The starting order of the Athletes for the IRC and Relays will be decided by the Junior Coordinators prior to the Event. It will be determined by many factors, including the Environment, Physical capabilities of the Athletes, and other teams starting positions. The Junior Coordinators decision is final and can’t be changed once decided.
- Please be aware that the qualification events will fill quickly as it is being used by several regions and there is a limit on numbers for the drafting event. Don’t miss out so sign up early!
- The team selected will be notified as soon as possible following the final event. Those who qualify, and the reserves will be invited to attend the South Central Triathlon Camp at Sibford school on 1,2,3rd August 2019.
- The aim of the selection process is to ensure the S.C. takes the best possible team to the IRC’s in 2019.
- The IRC Team Managers for 2019 will be the South Central Junior Co-ordinators.
If you have any queries, please contact BOTH Junior Series Coordinators below:
- British Triathlon IRC information booklet for parents, coaches and athletes
- Wheel Regulations for 2018 Season for DRAFT LEGAL races