Represent your region at the U20's Festival
The IRC's comprise a weekend of racing by regional teams from throughout the UK at the British Triathlon U20's Festival.
Each region takes a team of 16 athletes from TriStar 2 and TriStar 3 categories (3 male and 3 female athletes from each age group plus a reserve in each category).
The South East IRC Team 2019
Many congratulations and good luck to the IRC team 2019:
|TriStar 3||Daisy Burton||Ethan Gubby|
|Sophie Hanna||Oliver Horne|
|Tallulah Sullivan||Thomas Hutton|
|Reserve||Eloisa Symonds||Ethan Darcy|
|TriStar 2||Gabriella Horne||Alex Dack|
|Lauren Mitchell||Luke Draper|
|Alice Stawowska||Finlay Goodman|
|Reserve||Grace MacAuley||James Polton|
Qualify for the South East Team
To be eligible for selection to the IRC Team, athletes must be members of Triathlon England with South East on their Membership Card and Race Licence.
The 2019 criteria for South East region representation are designed and will be applied to ensure that the best athletes can be taken to the Inter-Regional Championships.
- Bridge Triathlon will be the primary selection race for IRC 2019. Any athlete that wishes to be considered for the IRC team should enter this race.
- The top 2 athletes will automatically qualify for the IRC team providing that the score of the 2nd placed athlete is no lower than 97% of the top placed athlete.
- 3rd and 4th selection places could also be third and fourth at Bridge but for these places a wider selection criteria will also be used and performances at Junior Race Series events up to and including Chichester Junior Triathlon will be considered.
- As an example, if a athlete crashed out of Bridge or was ill and could not take part then (with a medical certificate), as part of an appeal process, Leeds Castle Junior Aquathlon and Chichester Junior Triathlon will also be used to guide the selection
- The team will be announced after Chichester Junior Triathlon on 13th July.
If you have any questions, please contact JuniorSeries@triathlonenglandsoutheast.org
- British Triathlon IRC information booklet for parents, coaches and athletes
- Wheel Regulations for 2018 Season for DRAFT LEGAL races