Tewkesbury Triathlon club are a small, friendly club and welcome people of all abilities. Whether you just fancy a challenge or are training for multiple Ironman events, TTC is a great group of people.
We are a small, friendly club and welcome people of all abilities. Whether you just fancy a challenge or are training for multiple Ironman events, TTC is a great group of people.
The main club meeting is every Saturday morning at Cascades Swimming Pool in Tewkesbury. Meet at 7:30am for a coached swim session or afterwards for a coffee. We often ride after the swim on Saturday, so please bring your bike along. There are two groups of different speeds so don't worry about being left behind.
The Tewkesbury Triathlon Club (TTC) was formed in 1990 by a number of like minded individuals who wished to pursue their interests in the popular sport of Triathlon, the sport of Swimming, Cycling and Running. During that time numerous members have competed in entry level events, through to events at Ironman and World Championship levels.
We’re proud to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all those with an interest in the sport, at whatever level they wish to compete.
Tewkesbury Triathlon Club is committed to:
- The promotion, encouragement and development of the sport of Triathlon.
- Welcoming people of all age-groups and levels of ability and fitness.
- Organising regular swimming, cycling and running sessions throughout the year.
TTC provides a varied calendar of training and social activities. Membership entitles you to:
- Spend quality time with a great bunch of talented & motivated individuals
- Attend any of the three weekly coached swim sessions at Cascades (you will have to pay entry to the pool).
- Membership to Croft Farm open water swimming (entitling you to swim access to the lake and free parking).
- Free attendance of weekly club training sessions at Croft Farm.
- Weekly bike rides.
- Membership of Tewkesbury Athletic Club and free access to all their weekly training sessions.
- Subsidised access to all other training sessions arranged by TTC (including Stourport bike track, Newport Velodrome, Bath Uni swimming pool, coaching days with professional triathlon coaches, bike weekends, entry to local time trials.
- Regular, subsidised social events.
We're particularly proud to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all those with an interest in the sport, at whatever level they wish to compete.
There can't be many more scenic parts of the English countryside to hold these events than Tewkesbury. This is the land of Elgar, situated at the convergence of the Avon and Severn Rivers, this town obtained its first charter back in 1109, the picturesque town centre of which retains extensive features of its medieval heritage.
Our Contribution to the community
Our way of contributing to Triathlon and the local community is to stage several popular events during the year, the Aquathon series, the spring Tewkesbury Sprint Triathlon and the summer time Hardwick Triathlon.
These events take place in and around the historic medieval town of Tewkesbury which offers an opportunity for all standards of competitors to take part in a friendly event. Never tried Triathlon before? then why not start with us, the first two sessions are free, and take the opportunity to enjoy the fun that is Triathlon!