The one day workshop is designed to help inform and educate individuals wishing to support safe open water swimming
This course is a valuable role for every open water swim venue, as the activator is the key person that helps oversee the safe running of the swim sessions, develop relationships and implement practicalities before, during and after any swim session.
This course now incorporates RLSS Water Safety Management content.
Date - 23rd March 2019
Time - 9.00-17.00
Where - Bosworth Water Park , Wellsborough Road, Market Bosworth, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV13 6PD
Cost - £65 pp
Aims of the workshop:
- To empower the Activator to be confident with their roles and responsibilities and feel able to support safe open water swim sessions and events.
- To support individuals and help them understand what makes a safe open water swim venue. How to support the participants, the course with include practical training in spotting, wetsuit fitting, safety briefings and supporting novice athletes as well as learning more about the procedures and process around how the venues operate.
- The Activator feels confident to input and support the development and maintenance of important documentation.
- Develop strong relationships with all parties involved in the venues open water swim sessions.
- Develop a network of activators to seek advice, support one another and share create resources.
- RLSS UK throw bag training - any person who may be looked upon to respond in an emergency who does not have a statutory or duty to respond, such as an Open Water Activator who are not tasked with aquatic resuce.
- The syllabus provides an opportunity for learners to gain a basic understanding of the risks involved in rescuing a drown
- To build experience and practice in using Public Rescue Equipment (PRE).
If you would like to find outr further information and to book, please click here.