Are you planning open water sessions this season? Needing to get Qualified to ensure safety? We can help
We have listened to you all and are now looking to put an Open Water Lifeguard (OWL) Qualification within the West Midlands ready for the upcoming season.
The Open Water Lifeguard qualification enables candidates with no previous lifeguard experience to become qualified. By attaining this qualification candidates will have been assessed as competent to provide supervision and rescue cover for planned, organised and risk-assessed activities in open water still, non-tidal.
The Open Water Lifeguard Qualification, delivered over three days, is valid for two years and is independently assessed.
• Must be 16 years of age at the date of assessment
• Be able to meet the following criteria:
• Confident in open water
• Able to swim at least 400 metres in a pool/ open water swimming continuously on their front and showing urgency
• Able to submerge under the water confidently
• Must complete minimum guided learning hours
• Successfully complete the course assessment
Cost: £125 per person
If your club is interested and has members ready to go onto this course, we need to know. We will need 12 members to attend for the course to go ahead.
If we are going to run this, we need to organise this quickly so please do get in touch with Kirsty Outhwaite as soon as possible.