British Triathlon are delighted to be collaborating with StreetGames in delivering a Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) course
The YMHFA Course is adapted to both the sports environment and to young people. This course destigmatises mental ill health and attendees report greater confidence in managing situations where young people do present with troubling symptoms.
Date - 26th March 2019
Time - 18.30-21.30
Where - British Triathlon, Michael Pearson East Building , Loughborough, Leicestershire , LE11 3QF
Cost - FREE though, £20 deposit first, for WEST MIDLANDS partcipants ONLY.
You will recieve the course fee back after you have completed the course.
Learners will explore the most common mental health conditions experienced by young people and discover what youth and sport workers can do to prevent and/or intervene when needed.
Learners will be able to:
- challenge the discrimination surrounding mental health
- define mental health & common issues
- relate to other people's experiences
- look after their own mental health
- protect a young person who may be at risk
- spot the signs of mental health issues in young people
- give help, support and guidance to any young person who needs it
For further information and to book please click here.