Help your club lead a bike or run! Become a Triathlon Activator.
Who is it for?
To provide passionate and enthusiastic individuals (18+ Years of Age) with the confidence and skills to lead a variety of activities aimed at encouraging participation within the sport.
There are three important key strands to this role, all of which can be rewarding and will enhance participation and enjoyment of triathlon for all.
- To organise and lead safe, effective and inclusive triathlon training activities and experiences (cycling & running).
- To inform, inspire and cultivate connections in their local clubs and communities, with initiatives such as GO TRI.
- Act as a ‘coach support worker’, helping the Head Coach during sessions (e.g. setting up and take down equipment, taking timing splits, writing the session on the white board etc.)
This is NOT a coaching qualification. Individuals who aspire to become a coach much complete a formal coaching qualification.
This course is primarily designed to provide those who want to take on this role some additional skills to increase the safety and enjoyment of such activities for all those who take part.
The one-day training workshop is practically oriented, focusing on developing the skills to organise and lead group training runs and cycle rides, support coached club sessions and cultivate connections to the sport of triathlon within local clubs and communities.
There is no formal assessment or exam.
Modules/ topics covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Activator.
- Planning and organising a Group Run session (Practical).
- Group cycle ride planning activity (Practical).
- Reflection & action planning is encouraged throughout the day.
- Supporting Coaches sessions (swimming) – Role and remit.
- Safety management, planning, Equipment, participant motivation, Equity and communication are all core themes to the day and covered in each section.
Please note; you will need access to a bike for the course.
- Over 18
- Must be an associate or full member
Date: Saturday 30th March 2019
Time: 9am to 5pm
Venue: York Sport Village, Lakeside Way, York, Yorkshire, YO10 5FG
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org