Do you want to affiliate your club with Welsh Triathlon? Clubs can affiliate to Welsh Triathlon and take advantage a number of benefits for both clubs and its members.
For 2020, the current club types of informal, sponsored, internet and community will be replaced with: Community, Commercial, Single Discipline and Closed. See below for the new club categories
Clubs will be charged an affiliation fee based on the number of members they have:
0-149 members £150
150-299 members £250
+300 members £300
For Commercial Clubs, the cost of affiliation is £350 regardless of the number of members you have.
New Benefit - ClubSpark
The latest benefit to be introduced for Welsh Triathlon Affiliated Clubs is ClubSpark, a Club Management System that is now available to all Affiliated Clubs following a successful pilot programme. As part of the new Club Affiliation process you will be asked to provide us with a contact who will be responsible for setting up your ClubSpark account.
To find out more about ClubSpark, click here.
To renew your Club Affiliation for 2020
- Check the email you have received with the information around 2020 Club Affiliation.
- Check and update the information about your club within your Club Management page.
- Check and update your club contact details and member numbers.
- If you are intending to use ClubSpark in 2020 add in a club contact who will be set up on ClubSpark.
These details will need to be updated prior to making your club affiliation payment. Your details will then be checked by Welsh Triathlon and the Membership team to ensure your declared member numbers are in-line with previously declared numbers and you have selected the correct club type to affiliate as.
Once your club affiliation has been approved you will receive an email confirming this and that you are now able to make payment.
You can make your club affiliation payment by one of the following options;
- Credit/Debit - card payment online by logging into your Club Management area
- Direct Debit - If you are paying by Direct Debit you must update your details by 2 December 2019 to ensure this can be checked in advance of the Direct Debit collection. You will then be notified in December 2019 when the annual payment will be collected.
- Cheque - please make payable to Welsh Triathlon and post to our office address.
- BACS transfer - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this
Why affiliate your club to Welsh Triathlon?
- Public Liability Club Insurance cover up to £15 million
- Discounted home nations membership for your club members (to get this your club members need to select your club when purchasing their home nations membership and the discount will automatically be applied)
- Insport Tri Accreditation, which allows you to gain an Insport Award as well as Welsh Triathlon club accreditation
- Your club will be listed on the Welsh Triathlon club search via British Triathlon
- Club development support from Welsh Triathlon
- Club newsletters with updates from Welsh Triathlon
- Access to British Triathlon’s Affiliated Club logos to help promote your club
- ClubSpark: club management system
Access to benefits provided by the Welsh Sports Association (WSA). After affiliating contact WT office for log in details
Looking to set up a club?
As the sport grows, we are starting to see more clubs being set up and looking to affiliate.
Please get in contact with Welsh Triathlon to discuss your plans for setting up a new club.
If you have any questions surrounding Club Affiliation, we are here to help. We have updated our FAQs to cover the new affiliation process, cost of affiliation and ClubSpark, so please check here to find your answers.
If you can’t find your answer in the FAQs, please contact Welsh Triathlon.
Club Categories Explained
Organised on an amateur, not for profit basis, a Community Club is open and inclusive to all with a voluntary committee of three or more unrelated persons that hold regular meetings to manage the club, and:
- Holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM) to re-elect the committee and make constitutional changes
- Has an open and non-discriminatory club constitution agreed and signed at an AGM
- Is formed to promote and provide access to an organised form of the sport
- Runs regular club-based activities and training sessions
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Community Club, please contact your Regional Manager.
Any club formed, with or without a committee, that offers a racing, coaching or retail service on a commercial basis. A Commercial Club will meet one or more of the following:
- Sponsored to race and/or raise the profile of the club, sport or companies involved
- Performance oriented triathlon racing team whose members are a combination of professional and amateur athletes
- Retail business
- Coaching or personal training company
- A business used to promote training camps
- An internet-based club that provides commercial benefits, services or goods
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Commercial Club, please contact your Regional Manager.
Single Discipline Club
A club that is predominantly dedicated to another sport (normally swimming, cycling or athletics) with a specific triathlon section.
These clubs will be governed by another National Governing Body, however affiliate to British Triathlon for the purposes of membership, insurance and other benefits for their triathlon members.
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Single Discipline Club, please contact your Regional Manager.
By definition, this is a club that is restricted to a specific group of people and therefore cannot fit into the other categories. This is typically, but not limited to, groups defined by work or location such as university, HM Armed Forces or workplace clubs.
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Closed Club, please contact your Regional Manager.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON CLUB ACCREDITATION
Welsh Triathlon has worked with Disability Sport Wales to develop a triathlon-based Club accreditation programme with the aim of supporting and developing triathlon clubs in Wales. The accreditation programme will also ensure that clubs are running in a safe, quality environment. Working with Disability Sport Wales will ensure that while clubs achieve their accreditation, they receive an Insport award. The accreditation is available to all clubs that are affiliated to Welsh Triathlon. All junior clubs affiliated to Welsh Triathlon are required to have a minimum of Bronze accreditation. For any queries on club accreditation please contact email@example.com