Do you want to affiliate your club with Triathlon Cymru? Clubs can affiliate to Triathlon Cymru and take advantage a number of benefits for both clubs and its members.
Our clubs are the heartbeat of our triathlon community, providing an enjoyable and safe environment for participants at all levels and from every background.
Affiliating brings a host of benefits to your club and allows our team of experts locally and nationally to work with you. We regularly update our range of benefits, which can be seen here.
Costs of affiliation vary depending on the type and size of club. The table below shows the affiliation costs for the various categories and sizes of club. As you work through the affiliation process, the appropriate cost will be calculated and displayed for you.
After submission of the form, your club information will be reviewed for approval. You will be notified when you are approved for affiliation, at which point you will be required to pay the full affiliation fee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss anything related to affiliation or require any support with the process.
|Club Type||NO. of members||Annual Cost|
|Community, Closed, Single Discipline||<150||£165|
|Community, Closed, Single Discipline||150-299||£270|
|Community, Closed, Single Discipline||>300||£320|
All affiliated clubs are able to able to use the ClubSpark club management system at no cost through their affiliation. To find out more about ClubSpark, including support webinars, click below.
To renew your Club Affiliation for 2024
New clubs renewing
As the sport grows, we are starting to see more clubs being set up and looking to affiliate.
- Contact Rhian Williams, Participation Officer, to let us know the plans you have for your club. email@example.com
- Following this you will be provided with the relevant information and links to affiliate your club.
- Want to start a new club? Here's a checklist to support new clubs
- Check the email you have received with the information about affiliating for 2024
- Make sure that you have collected all of the information you need before starting the process (See video above)
- Safeguarding and Time to Listen courses can be found here.
- Check and update the information about your club within your Club Management page
- If you are intending to use ClubSpark in 2024 and have not previously registered for this, please add in a club contact to be set up on the ClubSpark system
When you have updated and added your club information simply submit your form to us. It will then be reviewed by the team to ensure that you are in the right category and that all of the required documents are in place.
Once we have done this, you will then receive an email confirming that your submission has been approved and explaining how to pay your affiliation fee.
Payment for 2024 affiliation can be made in the following ways:
- Credit/debit card – payments can be made via the Club Management area of the British Triathlon website
- BACS transfer – details will be on your approval. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance
- Cheque – please make payable to British Triathlon and post to our office address
Please remember that until full payment is received, you will not be fully affiliated and will not be able to access any of the benefits. Clubs currently affiliated will have their benefits removed from 1 January if they do not reaffiliate for 2024.
If you have any questions surrounding Club Affiliation, we are here to help. We have updated our FAQs to cover the new affiliation process, cost of affiliation and ClubSpark, so please check here to find your answers.
If you cannot find your answer in the FAQs, please contact Welsh Triathlon.
Club Categories Explained
Organised on an amateur, not for profit basis, a Community Club is open and inclusive to all with a voluntary committee of three or more unrelated persons that hold regular meetings to manage the club, and:
- Holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM) to re-elect the committee and make constitutional changes
- Has an open and non-discriminatory club constitution agreed and signed at an AGM
- Is formed to promote and provide access to an organised form of the sport
- Runs regular club-based activities and training sessions
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Community Club, please contact Gwyndaf.
Any club formed, with or without a committee, that offers a racing, coaching or retail service on a commercial basis. A Commercial Club will meet one or more of the following:
- Sponsored to race and/or raise the profile of the club, sport or companies involved
- Performance oriented triathlon racing team whose members are a combination of professional and amateur athletes
- Retail business
- Coaching or personal training company
- A business used to promote training camps
- An internet-based club that provides commercial benefits, services, or goods
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Commercial Club, please contact Gwyndaf.
Single Discipline Club
A club that is predominantly dedicated to another sport (normally swimming, cycling or athletics) with a specific triathlon section.
These clubs will be governed by another National Governing Body, however affiliate to British Triathlon for the purposes of membership, insurance, and other benefits for their triathlon members.
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Single Discipline Club, please contact Rhian.
By definition, this is a club that is restricted to a specific group of people and therefore cannot fit into the other categories. This is typically, but not limited to, groups defined by work or location such as university, HM Armed Forces, or workplace clubs.
If you have any questions about why you have been identified as a Closed Club, please contact Rhian.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON CLUB ACCREDITATION
Triathlon Cymru has worked with Disability Sport Wales to develop a triathlon-based Club accreditation programme with the aim of supporting and developing triathlon clubs in Wales. The accreditation programme will also ensure that clubs are running in a safe, quality environment. Working with Disability Sport Wales will ensure that while clubs achieve their accreditation, they receive an Insport award. The accreditation is available to all clubs that are affiliated to Welsh Triathlon. All junior clubs affiliated to Triathlon Cymru are required to have a minimum of Bronze accreditation. For any queries on club accreditation please contact email@example.com