Level 1 Coaching - Tavistock - South West
Level 1 Triathlon Coach
The level 1 qualification will allow a coach to lead and deliver (pre-planned) sessions or plan basic sessions on their own (reviewed by higher level coach) in a range of club environments (without the need to be directly supervised). You will gain the knowledge to adapt sessions to meet the needs of a variety of participants.
Course content includes
- Safety in coaching triathlon activities
- Preparing sessions for delivery
- Develop key coaching and technical skills
- Learners will have access to an online resource(LearningHub), with the technical components of the sport across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
- Two learning days - usually consecutive days. - for 2020-21 the classroom elements will be replaced by webinars and the practical elements will take place over a weekend face to face
- A third day comprising a final practical coaching assessment, personal review and action planning. For 2020-21 we are working with our awarding body to replace this final day with a video assessment
- Home study - around 10-14 hours over 3-4 weeks (including some pre-course work). Learners with limited triathlon experience may require some extra reading time (3-5 hours)
You will be required to complete home study online tasks, plan, deliver and review practical sessions (on course).
Course Webinar and Practical Dates
Webinar: Monday 1st March 2021 : 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Webinar: Saturday 6th March 2021 : 9:30am - 12:30pm
Webinar: Saturday 20th March 2021 : 9:30am - 12:30pm
Face : Face: Saturday 24th April 2021 : 10:30am - 4:30pm
Face : Face: Sunday 25th April 2021 : 10:00am - 1:30pm
Face : Face: Saturday 22nd May 2021 : 9:30am - 12:30pm
Please ensure you can attend the webinars and dates as listed, whilst we will aim to record all course webinars ths cannot be guaranteed.
Full course details: http://www.britishtriathlon.org/get-involved/coaching/become-a-coach/qualifications/level-1
Mount Kelly, Parkwood Road, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 0HZ