Club Affiliation 2021
Changes to the Triathlon England Club Affiliation from 2020
*British Triathlon Club Affiliation has remained the same for 10 years, and in 2020 we rolled out a refresh of affiliation and the price associated with it as we ensure that the service we provide meets your club’s needs and affiliation is more appropriate for the current club landscape.
In 2020, previous club categories of informal, sponsored, internet and community were replaced with the following categories: Community, Commercial, Closed and Single Discipline.
From 1 January 2020 the annual cost of Club Affiliation varies depending on the number of members your club has. This pricing refresh is being introduced following a review process of the current Club Affiliation prices which have remained unchanged for the past 10 years. During this period, insurance costs have risen and new benefits to affiliation have been introduced with no change in the price.
|Club Type||NO. of members||Annual Cost|
|Community, Closed, Single Discipline||<150||£155|
|Community, Closed, Single Discipline||150-299||£255|
|Community, Closed, Single Discipline||>300||£305|
New Club Affiliation Benefit - ClubSpark
The latest benefit to be introduced for British Triathlon Affiliated Clubs is ClubSpark, a Club Management System that is will be available to all Affiliated Clubs from 2020. To find out more about ClubSpark, click below.
To renew your Club Affiliation for 2021
- Check the email you have received with the information around 2021 Club Affiliation.
- Check and update the information about your club within your Club Management page.
- Check and update your club contact details and member numbers. In 2021 you will also need to know your club Coach and Activators details.
- If you are intending to use ClubSpark in 2021 and you haven’t previously registered for it in 2020 add in a club contact who will be set up on ClubSpark.
These details will need to be updated prior to making your club affiliation payment. Your details will then be checked by your Regional Manager and the Membership team to ensure your declared member numbers are inline with previously declared numbers and you have selected the correct club type to affiliate as.
Once your club affiliation has been approved you will receive an email confirming this and that you are now able to make payment.
You can make your club affiliation payment by one of the following options;
- Credit/Debit - card payment online by logging into their Club Management area on the British Triathlon website.
- Direct Debit - If you are paying by Direct Debit you must update your details by 13 November 2020 to ensure this can be checked in advance of the Direct Debit collection. You will then be notified in December 2020 when the annual payment will be collected.
- Cheque - please make payable to British Triathlon and post to our office address.
- BACS transfer - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this
Please be aware your Club Affiliation will not be valid and you will not have club insurance until your club has been approved and payment has been made.
What are the benefits for a club to affiliate?
- Public liability club insurance cover up to £15 million
- Discounted Home Nation Membership for your club members
- Access to ClubSpark club management system with free website build functionality
- Your club is listed within the British Triathlon club search
- Access to British Triathlon's Affiliated Club logo to help promote your club
- Ongoing advice and support from British Triathlon and its Regional Managers
- Regional Managers can support on a variety of club needs from campaigns to increase participation and club membership levels, putting on club events and open days, running GO TRI activities to supporting at club committee meetings or AGMs.
Looking to set up a club?
As the sport grows, we are starting to see more clubs being set up and looking to affiliate.
Triathlon England has Regional Managers who are able to provide support and advice. Locate your Regional Manager here.
If you have any questions relating to club affiliation, please visit the club FAQ's.
If you have questions around which club type you should affiliate to please contact your Regional Manager, their contact details can be found here.
If you have questions around the process of Club Affiliation please contact the Membership Services Team at British Triathlon by email: email@example.com or telephone: 01509 226153
*Triathlon Scotland club affiliation runs from April, please refer to the information below.