Strength & Conditioning Workshop Cardiff
Strength & Conditioning
The British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning workshop is a one day coaching CPD workshop containing a mix of practical and classroom activities designed to develop your understanding and ability to effectively coach S&C sessions.
Developed in conjunction with British Triathlon Strength & Conditioning coaches, the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Introduction to S&C in Triathlon - What do you need to know?
- The Needs Analysis Process
- Programming Principles
- How to deliver effective preparation and warm up activities
- Lower body, core conditioning and upper body exercises
The workshop content has been designed to allow coaches to deliver S&C sessions within a club environment with minimal or no equipment. The workshop does not cover Olympic or power lifting.
In addition to the workshop, coaches who attend will be able to access the British Triathlon S&C coaching resource via the Learning Hub. This includes a large suite of videos of S&C exercises as well as the resources used to deliver the workshop.
Coaches who attend the workshop will be able to deliver body weight focused S&C sessions within the remit of their coaching qualifications. It does not extend a coaches remit to deliver weighted Olympic or powerlifting style sessions.
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an Assistant Coach
- Level 2 or Trainee L2 coach (enrolled on a current coaching course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation's membership
Please note that all courses will run under Government and British Triathlon Guidance.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions for our cancellation policy which can be found here.
Course details will be emailed approx. 7 days before the course begins
Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, Cardiff, CF119SW